Deity || Part 1 (ChengYao)

Wei Wuxian approaches Jin Ling for help in finding Jiang Cheng a wife.

Pairing: ChengYao

Notes: Everybody is alive, Wei Wuxian is not a demonic cultivator, and the Wen Clan isn't planning world domination, but they're still shitty. Can be read as a continuation of the previous chapter or as a stand alone.

This chapter turned out longer than expected so I'll be cutting it into two parts. And yes. I know it's a crack ship.

_________________________________________

"Shijie!" Wei Wuxian moaned pitifully. "What am I supposed to do? Jiang Cheng is too picky when choosing his partner!"

Jiang Yanli giggled and patted her brother's head. "You told me before that Jiang Cheng's requirements fit a deity more than a human"

Wei Wuxian grumbled. "Yeah...."

"Have you tried catching one?"

"No..." He munched on the dumplings with a solemn experience expression. "No..." He suddenly grinned. "Not yet~"

Jiang Yanli raised her eyebrow. "That...you know I was joking right?"

Catching a deity proved to be more difficult than he expected. Wei Wuxian groaned as he dropped face first onto his bed. How are you supposed to catch a deity when you can't even find one? He was even prepared if it tried to attack him with aphrodisiac pollen. One day....one day I will find this girl! Even if it takes me 13 years, 2 months, and 12 days!

13 years, 2 months, and 12 days later....

Jin Ling massaged his head when his uncle continues to sigh dramatically in front of him for the past few minutes. "Why are you here again?"

Wei Wuxian straightened up and held out his fingers. "Lan Zhan was busy, Jiang Cheng and Wen Qing can't stand my ramblings, Wen Ning is busy at the farm, Shijie is also busy, Sizhui and Jingyi have classes, and Huaisang is banned from receiving visitors unless he takes his training seriously. So..." He wrapped his arms around his nephew's shoulders. "You're the only who I can turn to, A-Ling!" He sniffed, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Off!" Jin Ling tried to remove the arms on his shoulders. "Tell me what you want then leave!"

Wei Wuxian grinned and pulled Jin Ling closer to his chest. "Such a kind nephew you are" He sniffed again. "You see, your uncle Jiang Cheng is still so lonely...and this brother of his has failed him so"

Jin Ling sighed helplessly at the ridiculousness of the situation. "Get off. I'll help your stupid ass"

"Oh woe is me!"

_________________________________________

Jin Guangyao chuckled and ruffled his nephew's hair. "A-Ling, I can't just make your Uncle Jiang fall in love with me. You know I'm not comfortable around people with explosive tempers"

Jin Ling grumbled. "But Uncle Jiang isn't that bad..."

Jin Guangyao shook his head. "Relationships are not to be taken lightly, my dear nephew"

"I know...." Jin Ling thought back to how his parents had to slowly mend their rocky relationship when they were young.

"Jin Ling!" Jiang Cheng approached them, the usual frown plastered on his face. He nodded at his brother-in-law. "Jin Guangyao"

"Jiang Wanyin" Jin Guangyao returned the greeting.

"May I excuse Jin Ling for now? He will be having a night hunt in a few days and he needs an overview"