Pwetty Too

Jin Ling and Wen Yuan meet as kids.

Pairing: Can be read as romantic or platonic - WangXian and ZhuiLing

_________________________________________

"Jin Ling, you're going to be visiting your Uncle Wei at Yiling today" Jiang Yanli tickled her son's belly. The small child giggled in her arms, his tiny hands reaching for her finger.

She sighed. "But...your father didn't have to travel with us this way" She referred to Jin Zixuan flying on his sword while he bridal carried his wife as she held Jin Ling in her arms.

"What? You're not that heavy, A-Li"

"I'm worried about A-Xian seeing us like this. You could have let me ride behind you while A-Cheng carried A-Ling"

Jiang Cheng crossed his arms and grumbled. He flew on his sword next to the married couple. Tsk couples, who needs a partner? I don't!

Jin Zixuan scoffed and tightened his grip on his wife. "I have a right to disagree with that plan"

Jin Ling giggled and tugged on his mother's hair, fascinated by how it easily slipped through his fingers.

"How come he is so gentle with your hair while he wants to tug mine right off my head?"

Jiang Yanli giggled. "I think you need to hold your hair up more. Just like A-Cheng's"

Jin Zixuan glanced at his brother-in-law's tight bun. How long is his hair for it to be able to fit in one bun?

"We're here!" Jiang Yanli smiled as Burial Mounds came into view.

They landed near the entrance and see two fierce corpses guarding it.

"Good morning, Gao Su! Gao Shi!" She waved at the two corpses.

The two seem to recognize her presence and slowly nod at her. Wen Shi spoke, "Good...morning....Madam Jiang"

Jiang Yanli smiled and passed by the corpses and into Burial Mounds. Jin Zixuan and Jiang Cheng followed behind her.

Wen Ning was the first to walk up to them. "Welcome Lady Jiang, Sect Leader Jin, Sect Leader Jiang"

She nodded. "Where is A-Xian?"

"Master Wei is--"

"Shijie!" Wei Wuxian ran towards their direction while carrying Wen Yuan in his arms with Lan Wangji trailing behind.

Jiang Yanli smiled. "Oh, Second Master Lan is here?"

Wei Ying nodded. "Lan Zhan always visits to play with A-Yuan" He turned his attention to the cute bundle in his shijie's arms. "Jin Ling is here too~" He put Wen Yuan down and moved his head closer to his nephew.

The little one giggled and tugged at Wei Wuxian's hair before noticing another person on the ground. Jin Ling let go of his hair in favor of staring at the person below him.

"Ah A-Yuan, say hello to your new friend!" Wei Wuxian lifted the little boy off the ground so that he can see his nephew better.

"Xian-gege...he's small" Wen Yuan stared at the baby.

Wei Ying grinned. "Yes yes, that's because he's only a year old! And how old is A-Yuan?"

"Hm...four?"

"Yes, smart boy aren't you?"

A-Yuan giggled. "That's because Rich-gege taught me!"

Wei Wuxian pouted. "Eh...what about your Xian-gege?"

Wen Yuan grinned. "Xian-gege helps me grow big and healthy by planting me!"

He laughed. "Good boy!"

Jiang Cheng scoffed. "What have you been doing to the poor child?"

"Nothing bad, I swear!"

Jiang Wanyin looked at Lan Wangji and the man just sighed. "Uh huh..."

"Anyway...we aren't finish with renocating the cave. I told them to focus more on building their homes and helping with the farm, but we do have a comfortable pavilion built!" Wei Wuxian lead them through the Burial Mounds.

"At least the atmosphere here isn't so stuffy anymore" Jin Zixuan spoke.

Wei Ying smiled. "Ah, that's because me and Lan Zhan decided to speak with the souls here when their corpses were left to rot. Helping them move on and such"

Lan Wangji nodded. "There's still a few corpses left"

"Yep! We still have a lot of work to do!"

They arrived at the pavilion and Wei Wuxian called for someone to bring some tea.

"Xian-gege, can he talk?" Wen Yuan pointed at Jin Ling.

"Only a few words, A-Yuan"

The small Jin child giggled. "Big...gege"

Wei Wuxian cooed. "A-Yuan is a gege now! You're growing up really fast, aren't you? We should really tone down on those fertilisers" He chuckled. "I don't like it if you're going to be taller than me, A-Yuan"

"A-Yuan will grow big! Big like Rich-gege!"

Jin Ling giggled, reaching out his chubby hands towards Wen Yuan. "M-me....meet...gege"

Jiang Yanli covered her smile with the sleeve of her robes. She moved her son closer to Wen Yuan. "A-Yuan, do you think you can hold A-Ling"

He stared in awe and nodded his head. "Mn! A-Yuan will be a good big brother"

She smiled and gently placed her son in Wen Yuan's lap. The little boy stared at him. Jin Ling tapped his hands on his cousin's arms before moving closer to A-Yuan and hugging him. "Gege!"

He grinned and hugged Jin Ling back, placing a small kiss on his cheeks. "Didi!"

"Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian shook the other man's arm. "My son is too adorable!"

"Mn"

"H-Hello"

Wei Ying giggled. "Name!"

"...Lan...Zhan"

"Lan Chan!"

"..."

"Lan Chan is pwetty! Vewee pwetty!" Wei Ying giggled and walked closer to the other boy.

"Nn...not...pretty"

"Yes pwetty!" He held Lan Zhan's hand and grinned. "Yingying is honest. Yingying thinks Lan Chan is pwetty!"

"Wei Ying was also adorable"

"Eh?"