Chapter Three

Kinda a long chapter... take it as my apology for being lousy at posting new chapters?

Episode 3 - Prey

[Elsewhere]

  "Behold, the ultimate Autobot hunting weapon."

  "A-a Predacon?! They've been extinct since the beginning of Cybertronian history!"

  "Indeed. But the specimen you see before you was bred in the laboratory, cloned from fossilized remains, which I discovered on Cybertron."

  "Shockwave, it does my spark good to see you once again tampering with creation."

  "Master, please! Keep your distance!"

  "No need for alarm. The beast is completely under my control."

  "Such primal magnificence."

  "A sample of Energon, from Wheeljack, spilled during the Autobot's failed interrogation."

  "Let the hunt begin."

[Amanda]

  "Cozy little place you built for yourself, Megatron," Smokescreen said snarkily once we broke to the surface, right at the base of the new Decepticon citadel.

  I smacked him on the side of the head from my spot on his shoulder. "No time for sight seeing right now. I left enough of my powers with Optimus to keep him sedated for now, but I don't want to chance it."

  "Right, right," he nodded. "But look at that place. Finding the forge in there may take awhile."

  That's when something caught my attention; the warship docked next to the citadel. "But who says he's had the chance to shift things around?"

~~

  It turned out narrowing it down to the warship only helped a little bit. Emphasis on 'little'. The ship was still huge, and Smokescreen and I had no idea where to start. As we phased from hall to hall, I checked in on Optimus regularly only to find that he was still unconscious, but stable.

  "I'm sorry, 'overreacting'?" A familiar voice echoed down the halls, causing Smokescreen to duck behind a wall. "Easy for you to say, Knockout. Nobody here wants you post. I, on the other hand, hold the most coveted position within the Decepticon ranks. And no matter what he may claim, I know that Shockwave is plotting to usurp me! Did you see the smug look in his eye when he unveiled that vile beast to lord Megatron?"

  The footsteps got closer, causing Smokescreen to phase into the wall and for me to scramble to stay on his shoulder, but the voices still sent shivers down my spine. Starscream and Knockout, two of the Decepticons that I hated most (I mean, I hated all of them, but my quarrel with those two was personal). In the new room we phased into, Smokescreen was deadly still until the voices of the two Cons faded. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, feeling Smokescreen do the same. The rookie started backing up slowly, accidentally phasing through something else, which made a bad feeling shoot through me.

  "Smokescreen, wai-" I started, but it was too late because we came face to face with-

  Arachnid?!

  The rookie lurched backwards, phasing out of what we could now see was a containment pod. We were so on edge that we didn't even notice it was there.

  "Okay," I said, sounding slightly out of breath. "We need to focus. Optimus is counting on us, and we owe it to him to focus on finding the forge as soon as possible."