Chapter Twenty-Five

Lovelies... this is it. Last episode (but not last chapter!)

   As the Nemesis emerged from the space bridge, I sat perched on Optimus' shoulder, watching Cybertron get closer and closer. The planet was still dead, though I was excited to see it alive again and I could sense the Prime was too. The rest of the team was up on the bridge, watching the scene from up there while Optimus and I kept Ratchet company on the deck.

   "I can't believe we actually made it this far," I admitted, breaking the silence that had formed.

   "I wouldn't celebrate yet," Ratchet walked up to us. "I was never able to learn Shockwave's side of the cyber matter equation. This may be all we ever have. And Cybertron is a much larger planet than Earth."

   I waved a hand. "I might be able to help with that. Still, it'd be cutting it close."

   "Then we must launch the cyber matter at Cybertron's very core," Optimus decided.

   Ratchet and I exchanged a questioning look before the medic spoke, "Into the heart of Primus himself?"

   Instead of affirming his statement, the Prime shifted his gaze to me- well, as much as he could with me on his shoulder.

   Well Cleona?

   "Trust your judgement, my dear."

   That's not helpful. But I trust Optimus', so...

   I nodded. "It's really our only option."

  Optimus gave the command, and soon after, Wheeljack's voice came over the comms.

   "Boss, we've arrived," he said. "At the Well of Allsparks."

   The Wrecker aimed the Omega Lock so that it was poised right over the well. I bit my lip, feeling the despair that surrounded the well, but reached past it for the powers within me. Optimus set me down near the edge of the deck, and I took a deep breath, held my arms out, and focused.

   "Ready," I said, feeling my powers build up within me. Ratchet clicked the initiation button for the Omega Lock, and the green liquid began to bubble as energy poured into it from the Nemesis. I channeled my powers into it as well, feeling the energy grow until it had built up enough to shoot into the Well of Allsparks. The stream continued, using up all the cyber matter before it cut off, but I could still feel it. Silver dust still left my body, but it was more to end off the stream of cyber matter and it ended soon. I was so connected to the energy that I could feel it powering up the planet, feel Primus awaken, feel-

   -The silence. Nothing happened for a scary long moment. Ratchet glanced to Optimus, me, then back, but the Prime's eyes were on me.

   "Congratulations, my champion."

   Cleona's few words made me grin, which gave Optimus the confirmation he needed. Below us, Cybertron began to glow with a faint silver-blue tint, and Ratchet let out a laugh. Optimus scooped me up, propping me on his shoulder again, and I leaned against him, watching the once dark planet glow with life.

   "We did it, Optimus," I said quietly, hearing the cheers of the rest of the team over the comms.

   "Yes," The Prime smiled. "Yes we did."

~~~

   "Though our home world is once again capable of supporting life," Optimus said. "We have much rebuilding to do. Alas, we will miss our home away from home," his gaze traveled to where I stood with Miko, Finn, Jack, Raf, Mrs. Darby, and Agent Fowler as he said, "And the family we've made here."