Chapter Thirty-Two

Merry Christmas (to those who celebrate)!

[Amanda]

   I instantly created a shield in front of us to block the oncoming bullets, and that's when Finn and I moved. We rushed down the stairs of the platform, my shield holding firm in front of us, and then split up once we hit the ground floor. Most of the scientists were ducking under their work tables, which got them out of the way, and I went after the most heavily armed soldiers first. Using my powers again, I pulled my staff back to my hand just as I reached the first soldier, allowing me to slam the end of my staff into the soldier's face, cracking his helmet and sending him tumbling to the ground. I immediately swung my staff around, smashing it into the oncoming pair of soldiers making their way towards me.

   A soldier began shooting at me and I rolled underneath a work table, shoving past the scientist hiding under there and emerging in front of the shooter. My leg shot up and kicked the gun out of his hands before my staff came up and knocked him right out. Someone suddenly had my ponytail in their hands, yanking me back with so much force that it made me drop my staff. I tried to turn around as much as possible, seeing that it was the spitting soldier that had me.

   "Oh, it's you," I growled, and slammed my elbow into his exposed wrist, causing him to yell and drop my ponytail. He came at me again and I ducked underneath his arms, popping back up to throw a punch at his face. I got the satisfaction of hearing his nose break as my fist connected with his face, and while he stumbled back, my heel was already in the air, hitting him in the temple. He dropped like a rock, and I took a moment to clap my hands together.

   "That's for spitting at my mom's name," I said before turning to scan the rest of the fight. In the fray, I saw Finn fighting with Lauriana, and he seemed to be holding his ground as they brawled in an all out fist fight. But, about a dozen and a half soldiers were still making their way towards him, and I shook my head. Why were they giving him all the attention?

   I ran towards the group of soldiers, grabbing my staff as I passed it, and jumped right into the group, taking out a soldier right off the bat. The rest of the group turned to me, and I smiled.

   "Finally!" I said, getting their full attention as I dropped into a fighting stance. "I was beginning to think I'd have to use a flamethrower or something to get your guys' attention."

   "I don't know who you think you are," A solder walked forward, his fists clenched. "But this is no place for children."

   My lips curled into a smug smile now. "Maybe I should tell you who I am then. I'm Ingrid Beckett's daughter."

   That sure got their attention, leaving Finn to fight Lauriana. They charged at me, some of them running right into my staff, but I truthfully couldn't take them all at once. So I reached out for my powers, sensing the metal on the soldiers, and latched onto each soldier. Once I had something on them connected with my powers, which was difficult and required a lot of concentration (luckily the soldiers were flailing around, confused), I abruptly lifted them up and slammed them into the ground. I disconnected immediately from them, and took a step back, trying to catch my breath as the room spun a little. I'd never split my powers in so many different directions, but the fact that I'd pulled it off filled me with adrenaline all over again.

   A pain filled cry made me turn to see Finn's progress to find him on the ground, Lauriana looming over him. I gathered a blast of silver dust in my palm and lobbed it at her, feeling it connect to the metal she wore and shove that metal, with her, backwards. She fell on her back, but didn't stay down for long, whipping out a remote-looking device.

   "Activate Nemesis Prime!" She yelled into it. "Objective, destroy intruders! Start with the girl!"

   Pfft, nice try, but the energon never made it to your knock off-

   A loud, metal foot step behind me cut off all my thoughts, making me turn around, eyes wide.

   Oh I'm in scrap now.