Chapter Ten

Hey lovelies! New chapter for youuuuuu :)

Is anyone else still crying over Endgame? I watched it the day after it came out and the ending had me so happy and so sad at the same time. Honestly, it was such an epic finale to the Avengers. I have too many words to describe that movie that I can't even. I just wish one day I can write something that amazing.

Anyways, I won't keep you here too long. Enjoy the chapter!

[Amanda]

  I drove my Audi RS7 back to the military base after the BeckIT meeting, the only noise being the hum of the engine. I longed for my Mustang, this new car feeling foreign, but that was buried under the rubble of my garage. The Nevada desert was empty, letting me clear my mind as well. There was so much to think about that I couldn't really think about anything at the same time.

   As the military base neared in the distance, I sort of wished I had taken a longer route, just to bask in the silence some more. Still, I didn't want to be alone for a second more.

   Optimus... I need to talk to Optimus...

   The soldiers guarding the entrance nodded at me when I got to the gate, apparently recognizing me. Agent Fowler had once told me that most of the Nevada and surrounding military units had already known about me because of my mother, since we looked so similar. It was eerie to be remembered because of my dead mom, which tore me between being thankful for her looks or distressed.

   As I pulled into the Autobot base after maneuvering through the military personnel, I spotted the Autobots gathered around the platform where Agent Fowler and Finn were standing, seeming to give them information.

   "Satellite surveillance has picked up two signs of Decepticon activity," Finn was saying as I got out of my Audi after parking it near the base's entrance. "One near an oilfield outside of El Paso, the other near the Hebrides bluffs in Scotland."

   "So don't forget to pack you kilts," Agent Fowler added, his tone serious. I tried not to smirk as a look of confusion passed over Optimus' face briefly before he got serious.

   "We must divide our resources," He turned to the commander. "Ultra Magnus, lead the Wreckers to the bluffs."

   The commander nodded. "Yes Optimus." Then he lowered his voice. "Uh, what's a kilt?"

   Optimus glanced down at me, saw the laughter on my face, then looked back up at Ultra Magnus. "Agent Fowler can, at times, be oblique. I find it best to simply nod and mobilize."

   That made me laugh, but I quickly caught myself before I took away from the seriousness of the situation.

   Ultra Magnus nodded again. "Bulkhead, Wheeljack, let's roll."

   Wheeljack groaned quietly, but followed as he, Bulkhead, and Magnus headed towards the ground bridge, until the commander stopped in front of the Forge of Solus Prime, which rested against the wall.

   "Optimus, I know there are many emotions tied to the Forge," he began.

   The Prime looked down at me again, and I nodded encouragingly.

   "There is no time to stand on ceremony," he said to his commander.

   "I would be honored to put this to some practical use," Ultra Magnus said, hefting the forge.

   Ratchet opened the ground bridge, and the Wreckers left first. Optimus took Smokescreen and Bumblebee with him to El Paso, gave me an acknowledging look, and then quickly following after. Soon, the base was quiet again. I headed up the platform stairs, eyes trained on Ratchet's computer.