Chapter Twenty-Three

Well, there's 100+ reads on Ch. 21, so here you lovelies are! I've written a few chapters over the past two days, so as the chapters prior reach 100+ reads, I'll post the next (cause I don't want to spam you guys with new chapters). Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Side note: Who's super excited that this is (wait for it, wait for it) the last episode?!?! I never imagined getting this far, but you are all amazing and here we are! (sorry, I'll stop talking now. Enjoyyyyy <3)

Episode 13 - Deadlock

[Amanda]

   "The Omega Lock's control station is located on the lower deck," Ratchet said through the comm channel.

   "The team is currently facing a group of Cons on the flight deck," I reported. "Arcee-"

   "We're on our way," She said before I could finish, and I watched as the group's icons moved across the flight deck of the Nemesis. Miko, Finn, Jack, and Agent Fowler all huddled around my laptop and Raf's as we monitored the situation remotely. While my focus was on communications between the different teams at play, Raf was focused on making sure no one hit any surprises.

   The Autobots were in full battle mode now, confronting Cons at every direction. While the Nemesis rose higher and higher, Optimus engaged the air defenses as the rest of the Autobots made their way to the Omega Lock controls, fighting through the Cons on the ship.

   "I'm making my way there now," Ratchet added.

  "Copy Ratchet," Optimus said. "We will rendezvous at the objective. Arcee, lead stealth team to secure the Omega Lock. Ultra Magnus, you and the Wreckers storm the bridge. Prevent the Decepticons from targeting the device if the stealth team is delayed."

   "Optimus, if we fail to secure the lock before it's ready to deploy," Arcee spoke up. "Do we destroy it?"

   That's the million dollar question.

   "I do not intend to squander a second chance to restore Cybertron," Was all the Prime replied with.

   "Chances are it won't work anyways," I muttered.

   "What?" Miko asked.

   I turned to her. "The chances of it working without any of Primus' powers is slim. That's why Soundwave tried to make a grab for me. While science can take them a long way, there's still a bit farther they have to go and that can only be done by this." I raised a hand, letting the silver dust dance over it. "As long as the Autobot get there, we might be okay."

   "But that's riding on chance," Finn frowned.

   "Yeah," I turned around again. "A big fat chance."

   On the screens, the team had split up into two teams; Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead and Wheeljack, and Arcee, Bumblebee and Smokescreen. They each headed their separate ways towards their separate objectives. I only hoped they'd be able to complete their missions.

   "Uh oh," Raf said, making me search the screens. "Optimus' jetpack is hit."

   "And Smokescreen broke off from the group," Finn added, sounding a bit worried about the rookie he'd grown close to.

   I flicked on the comm, eyes fixed on the screens. "Stealth team, Ratchet has engaged a Con, most likely Shockwave."

   "We're heading there now, A," Arcee confirmed.