Chapter Forty-One

[Elsewhere]

  "Well, my dear friend?" Cleona asked. "No gloating? Your prophecy has become reality."

  "I do not gloat, my dear," Primus replied, slight amusement that he reserved only for his goddess laced in his tone.

  "Of course," A smile tugged on the goddess' lips. "At least, you do not out loud."

  Primus' silence was confirmation enough for her, and her smile grew the slightest bit before she turned to face the god.

  "But we both know this is not the end. Not for my champion, not for your Primes."

  The god nodded slightly. "Yes. You and I can both sense the evil stirring in the universe. The awakening of my brother, while it may have been brief, was enough to awaken his goddess."

  "Unicron never did anything without ensuring Valilorna would be present to ensure his devastation," Disgust tainted Cleona's words. "He would not awaken without her."

  "It is true that Unicron relies on his goddess' ability to spread chaos and destruction, but that does not render either of them weak when they are separated. You know that the presence of only one chaos god is enough to wreak havoc, my dear."

  Cleona nodded. "Yes. But my champion will not be able to stop Valilorna from awakening. She does not have the power to do so."

  "Not now, my dear," Primus agreed. "Though you should not doubt your champion. Her destiny is that of greatness, and she will become the most powerful champion to serve you."

  "If Valilorna does not reach her first."

  "Do not fear," He put a hand on the goddess' shoulder. "All will be well in time. There will be trials and troubles, but chaos will not prosper, not while there is truth and justice in the universe. Your champion embodies truth and justice, thus chaos will be defeated in time."

  "In time," Cleona repeated, her voice trailing off. "It is time that I am afraid of, my friend."

  Primus cocked his head to the side slightly. "It has never caused you fear before."

  "That was before I understood that time is the most powerful force in the universe. Even the time of the greatest warriors has ended."

  "You are referring to the passing of my Prime."

  She nodded. "Optimus Prime was a close friend of mine, and his spark was the purest I have ever encountered. Yet he has passed now."

  "There is no need to fear time, my dear. It is the force that keeps all beings in balance. It will right wrongs, it will provide great heroes and powerful villains, and it will prevail above all. Beings like you and I must embrace this force, or we will not be able to aid those who look to us for guidance."

  The pair fell silent for a long moment before Cleona spoke again.

  "In time, then," She said. "My champion will be called upon soon. I only hope the time is right."

  "It will be, my dear. It must be, for this is not the end. We are not even close."