Chapter Thirty-Five

Anemone - Look forward to the future and don't forsake the ones you love. Something new is always around the corner, no matter how dark things might look right now.

No Episode

[Amanda]

   When Optimus called me to let me know that he had a day off, I immediately wanted to meet. We hadn't been talking as often as the others spoke to their guardians, so I leapt at the opportunity to see the Prime. He had already called Ratchet and arranged for me to come to Cybertron via space bridge, all I had to do was get to the base. To say that I practically sped there would be an understatement.

   I emerged on the other side of the space bridge to find not only Optimus waiting for me, but a dozen other Cybertronians I didn't know milling around the room as well. They all stopped what they were doing and bent over, all facing me. It took me a moment to realize that they were all bowing. I looked up to the Prime, eyes wide with surprise and uncertainty, and he only gave me a small smile.

   "Uh, no need for the bowing," I said, my small voice echoing in the silent room.

   "At ease," Optimus said in support of me, amusement that only I seemed to detect laced in his tone. The Cybertronians finally straightened, and after a nod from the Prime, they continued on with what they were doing. Optimus walked forward, offering me his hand, which I gladly crawled onto, before he began walking out of the room.

   "That was so weird," I whispered, feeling heat rush to my face. "Are all Cybertronians going to do that?"

   His small smile never wavered. "You are the champion of our patron goddess, Amanda. It is a sign of respect."

   I shook my head. "Nuh uh, no thanks. If they keep bowing, I'm not coming here."

   "I will keep that in mind and try to prevent such situations from occurring," He said, but I could tell he was basically laughing at me. I stuck my tongue out at him, which made his amusement grow, before I glanced around.

   "So this is where you guys are setting up base?" I asked as we began making our way through the massive halls.

   "This is the same building that acted as Autobot base during the war," The Prime answered. "While there are many memories within these walls, both good and bad, it is the most suitable location for our new base as we rebuild Cybertron."

   "It's so big! Must beat the base back on Earth, huh?"

   "While it may accommodate us better, both bases provided by the Earth military have still been a home for us."

   I threw him a smile at that. "So, what's on the agenda for today? To be honest, I didn't expect you to find a chance for a day off any time soon."

   "Arcee and Bumblebee persuaded me into taking a day to rest."

   "Oh they totally ganged up on you, didn't they?"

   He gave me a knowing look, which made me laugh, before he said, "You made me promise to show you my preferred locations on Cybertron, and that is 'on the agenda', as you would say."

   "Oh!" I grinned. "Now I'm excited!" We had reached the exit now, and I ducked in the Prime's hand as a group of Cybertronians entered the building. They nodded or saluted at the Prime, but they didn't see me thanks to Optimus noticing me hiding and shifting his fingers to conceal me. Once they passed, he gave me a concerned look.