Chapter Thirty-Seven

Yes. I cried.

Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising

[Amanda]

  For some reason, Cleona was on a warpath in my head today.

  "The fates have alined-"

  You said that fifty times. What does that mean?

  "The fates have alined. It is time."

  Time for what?!

  "A?" Miko's voice cut through the conversation in my head, and I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry for a moment before I could finally make out the living area of the base, the rest of the area sharpening soon after.

  "It happened again, didn't it?" Finn asked, sitting on the couch next to me. I rubbed my temples and nodded.

  This morning, Cleona had unexpectedly burst into my mind, cutting through my peaceful sleep and forcing me up at 5:00am, which I still wasn't happy about. She then proceeded to go on and on about fates and prophecies, none of which I understand a single thing from. Naturally, with her constant commentary, I had to cancel all of my meetings for the day and headed to the base, where I knew the others would be. Jack was the only one missing, since he and his mom were in Fernley buying the last few things for their house. Raf had been dutifully recording everything I told him Cleona was saying, and was currently trying to find a pattern with Ratchet.

   "What'd she say this time?" Raf asked, his pen and paper ready.

  I shook my head slightly. "Same as before. 'The fates have alined' and that 'it's time'."

  "Time for what?" Miko grumbled.

  "I don't know," I scrubbed my hands over my face and Finn put an arm around my shoulders. "I wish she would just be straight forward and tell me some scrap is going to go down, not give me headaches with all these riddles."

  "You know how goddesses are," Finn said gently. "Even in those ancient myths from every culture, the gods and goddesses are completely unhelpful most of the time and only confuse people more."

  I frowned, but looked up at Ratchet, who had a similar frown on his face as he searched through his databases in an attempt to connect the messages I was receiving with an actual event. "Is there any word from Optimus?"

  The medic tore his eyes away to shake his head at me. "I've sent numerous messages to Cybertron, all of which have been answered with Optimus' unavailability at the moment. It seems that he may even be off world according to the replies."

  Of all the times to go on a field trip...

  "Light must be brought to the core."

  What?

  "Primus cannot sustain himself. He needs his light."

  What do you mean? I thought we already brought Primus back to life! What else does he need?

  "He needs to create life."

  Can't he do that already?

  "He needs his light."

  "Dammit," I clutched my head as a wave of pain and nausea swept over me. Finn tugged me closer, allowing me to lean against him for the worst of the wave. Once I was able to breathe normally again, I told Raf what the goddess had said.