Chapter Twenty-Nine

[Amanda]

   "Cam, cross reference everything in these two files," I said, plugging in one of Finn's USBs to a laptop. "If anything overlaps, even a little, we need to know."

   "Of course, Miss Beckett," Cam replied. "Though the process would be faster if-"

   "I know, I know, if your hard drives were better," I sighed. "Still working on that, remember?"

   "Haven't set up the media room yet?" Finn asked and I shook my head. "I would've thought that'd be the first thing you did."

   "The first thing I did was take a long drive in every single one of my cars, and that took a while." It might have not been entirely necessary, but I had wanted to feel each car and remember what I loved about each and every one of them. It wasn't just a collection for me, it was my mom's collection, which made it that much more important. She'd passed down her love of cars right to me, and there was no way I was going ignore the urges to take any one of those beauties for a spin.

   My response made him smirk. "I trust you found them to your liking?"

   I shrugged. "Well, most of them are the originals, just with repairs to the damages. I think only ten of them had to be completely replaced."

   "Nothing slips by you, huh?"

   "Of course not," I sent him a charming smile, earning me one in return.

   Ding!

   "I have seven results, Miss Beckett," Cam reported, and I leaned forward, peering at the screen.

   "That's kind of a lot, Cam," I frowned, looking over the results. Seven leads were listed, but there was no way we'd be able to check them all, not with just the two of us. "Finn, can you narrow these down at all?"

   He came to stand next to me, peering at the screens. "The second one is an old base, not in use anymore, so cross that one off. And... I think the fifth was a decoy base anyways, so get rid of that."

   "So we have five results," I sighed. "That's still too many for just us to investigate, especially if they have a new Nemesis Prime. We need to track them down before they decide to launch it."

   Finn shook his head. "I don't know how else we can narrow things down. But maybe I could borrow some military equipment and do some surveillance on the areas."

   "How soon can you do that?"

   "Today. I'd have results by tomorrow morning."

   I nodded. "Then here-" I uploaded a program onto his USB and then handed it to him. "I've downloaded Cam onto this. Plug it into the system and she'll get your results a lot easier and faster."

   He took it, peering at it carefully. "But won't she call me 'Miss Beckett'?"

   I punched him lightly. "You wish. Cam?"

   "Yes, Miss Beckett?"

   "Voice recognition, keyword anemone. Add a new user. Standby."

   "Standing by."

   I nudged Finn. "Now, pick a keyword, something only you'd think of or something you say a unique way."

   His expression was clueless. "How am I supposed to pick something on the spot?"

   "Just do it. Cam will be the only one to know anyways."

   "Fine."

   I covered my ears as Finn said his keyword. Once he finished, he nodded and I lowered my hands.