Chapter 4: Bio-Class Partners

"Oh so now everyone is quiet." Mr. Maru shook his head, and instructed the class about their first assignment of the semester.

"Okay, so you are all going to find a partner to do your project with. This is a project is going to help you review what you learned in middle school..."

Nishikata glanced around the room, and saw how everyone was giving each other the let's be partner glances. He sighed and looked back at the teacher.

"For your project, each pair will be choosing an environment/habitat to work on. Make a mini-model of the environment, and a 2 paged essay informing me about this scenery. This is due in 3 weeks. Now, you may decide your own groups and start planning."

Nishikata frantically looks around the classroom, and seeing that no one was coming near him. He sighed, and takes out the note from his locker. Suddenly, a girl walks up to Nishikata, and gave him a gental tap on the back.

"AHHH!" Nishikata fumbles with his note and puts it in his pocket. He looks up at the girl, with her hair tied in a braid, and glasses.

"Uhm, d-do you wanna work together for the...project?" She timidly asks.

Nishikata glances at the girl, and accidentally gave her a confused look.

"O-oh! I'm sorry! I'm—Mira Takahashi...it's just that...I don't know anyone here, and since I just moved here, I...don't have any friends so.." She bows and turns around.

"Wait!... I don't mind working together, I'm Nishikata. Nice to meet you Mira." Nishikata nervously bits his lips, a litte glad to have a partner with him.

Mira turns around and smiled a little, "thanks Nishikata-kun." She pulls a chair and sits next to Nishikata. They decided to make a model about the Hawaii Beaches. And they talked about their schedules.

"So Mira, when do you wanna work on the project? How about we first research about the place before we actually start?" Nishikata pulls out a piece of paper, and writes down The Hawaii Beaches.

"Sure, lemme get my textbook, there's bound to be some info about beaches." Mira went to grab her textbooks, and together they researched and took notes about the place.

*bell rings*
"Oh! I have to meet someone after this class, so....I'll see you tomorrow Mira." Nishikata hurries outside the classroom, and takes out his note from the pocket. I wonder what Takagi-San wrote this time, he thought. Whatever it is, I'll just pretend I didn't get anything, and her plan will be foiled!

He opens the note, and his mouth gasped as the words were written on the paper.

Nishikata-kun, I don't know if you will read this, but if this is you, I wanted to tell you something. Since middle school, I've admired you and every time sensei slaps his notebook at you, I would giggle. Your actions are always hilarious, you always make my day just by being there. Though, you probably don't even know me, I would like to take the time to write this note to you. Thanks for being there Nishikata-kun, I hope to have more interactions with you in high school.
Sincerely,
Your old classmate.

Nishikata's eyes widened, and his hands started shaking, he slowly folded the paper, and to make sure no one saw his reactions, he turned around. Takagi would never write something as cheesy as th—

His thoughts disappeared when he saw Takagi-San, smiling and pointing to the sheet of note in Nishikata's hands.
"Nishikata! I was waiting for you, but you weren't there, so I came to your class, only to see you all shocked in the hallways." Takagi tilts her head.

Nishikata's face was heating up, and mumbles, "o-oh, s-sorry."

Takagi frowns, and then giggles, "how cute. What is that you're holding? Is that your homework? You better not crumple it. Come on! Let's go, Nishikata-kun!"

Nishikata looks at his palm, still shocked about the note he thought Takagi gave him. He was brought back to reality when Takagi took his hand, and together, they ran in the hallways to their next class together.