Chapter 47: Tea with the President

Nishikata stared mindlessly at the two huge brown doors which stood in front of him

Nishikata stared mindlessly at the two huge brown doors which stood in front of him. It was after school, all the students started going home, leaving campus. This was a new week, and starting that new week, Nishikata decided to take a visit to the student council office, and talk to the president about some things.

Pushing away his hesitance, he gently knocked on the door. To his surprise, it opened almost immediately. The person who opened this door was Ishikami.

"Oh hey there, Nishikata! What brings you here?"

"Uhm," Nishikata couldn't bring himself to say it, "may I speak to President Karima? If she has time, of course..." is this stupid? What if she was just kidding about the advice or...

Ishikami frowned, "President Karima is doing some paperwork right now, so I'm afraid-"

"Who is it, Ishikami-San?" A cool voice echoed from afar.

"Oh, it's Nishikata, President. He said he wanted to speak to you, but you're doing paperwork right now so,"

President Karima looks up, then peeked through the door from her desk. She stifled a smile, and said, "let him in."

Reluctantly, Ishikami politely let the boy in.

The president walked to the couch, sat down and gestured him to do so as well. The boy walked nervously and sat.

"Ishikami-San, would you be so kind to pour us some rose tea as we speak? You don't mind tea right, Nishikata?"

Nishikata shook his head, biting his lips with butterflies in his stomach.

"So, may I ask what brings you here today?" She inquires.

"I-It's about the advice...you gave me the other day."

Ishikami raises his brow, questioning.

Karima drank her tea, then giggles, which surprised Ishikami, for he didn't usually witness the quiet president let herself be out like this.

She said, "oh? Tell me about it. I'm all ears."

Ishikami uncomfortably whispers to the president, "psst, can I ask what...exactly is he talking about?"

Karima turned her head towards him, then back at Nishikata, "would you like him to know?"

Not being able to deny, he sunk his head in his backpack that is laying on his lap.

"Alright then," then she goes on explaining everything to Ishikami, who didn't express any shock.

"Ah I see," was all he said after.

"Uhm, you won't...tell her right, Ishikami?" Nishikata asks, remembering the prom incident.

Ishikami laughs, "oh don't worry about it, I won't. Promise." He seemed to mutter something under his breath, which Nishikata didn't catch.

"So, we have all the time in the world right now, what did you want to tell me, Nishikata?" Karima sneaks a peek at Ishikami, who was organizing her desk, and smiled so slightly, eyes twinkling.

"So President Karima, these days, I've been thinking about what you said. And..."

"And?"

"I have become aware of myself now, my...feelings, to be exact." He twiddles around with his fingers, barely touching the green tea placed in front of him."

Ishikami stops in his steps, and slowly averts his attention to Nishikata, the whole room was silent, and Karima seemed to have realized it too.

It was so silent that you can hear a pin drop, Nishikata took this to his advantage and confessed, "I realized that I have a crush on Takagi-San."