Halloween Special: chapter 1

A/N: this extra story will consist of 3-4 parts

A/N: this extra story will consist of 3-4 parts. it will be about Nishikata and Takagi during the spooky season of Halloween! 😊hope you enjoy! The original story will come back soon! Reminder that this is a mini story to represent timeskip in the actual story. thanks for reading!

The month of October, the month where spookiness and jumpscares raid the neighborhoods.
Children's laughters and excitement, asking the commonly asked question, "What are you going to be for Halloween?" Whereas the adults sigh, for their money will have to pay for the children's treats. Same in Japan, in the high school that Nishikata and his friends attend. Carefully decorated pumpkins, orange and black banners, scary decorations hung around the hallways.

As usual, Takagi and Nishikata have home room together, and during this class period. The class goes over upcoming events and socializing time. Takagi leans over to Nishikata's desk, and with a soft whisper,

"Hey Nishikata,"

Nishikata glanced at her.

"I was wondering if..." The voice frowns out as Nishikata couldn't focus. He felt his eyes droop, since he stayed up all night watching his one and only favorite shows.

He felt a light tap on his shoulder, and he flinches.

"Hey...you okay? You look sleep deprived. Did you perhaps...stay up all night watching 100% Unrequited Love?"

By now Nishikata managed to hear what she was saying. He shook his head to say no, but that reply was surely obvious enough to tell Takagi that he was lying.

Takagi giggles, and Nishikata shook his head tiredly. She whispers his name urgently, but Nishikata ignored it. He immediately regretted it. The teacher yells his name, and the next thing he knew, Nishikata was on duty for the whole week, as punishment. That meant he had to wake up early and come to school to set up the homeroom.

After school:

He groans. Takagi notices this, and offers to help.

"It's okay, Takagi-San, you don't need to."

"Okay... Hey Nishikata, what are you going to be for Halloween?"

"Me? I don't know if I'm going trick or treating...aren't we a bit old for that?"

Takagi tilts her head, causing Nishikata to blush. She always did that, and it made her look...—

"Too old for what?" Mira's head peeks into the room.

"Trick or treating, or wearing a costume for Halloween," Takagi replied.

"Whatttt? It's never too old to go trick or treating! It's super fun, isn't it Takagi-Chan?"

"Mhm!"

Nishikata looked back and forth at the two girls. He then questions them what they were going to be for Halloween.

"Me? I'm actually not sure yet! How about you Takagi-Chan?"

"I'm thinking of a witch, one with a big hat and pretty cloak...hey, wanna go shopping for costumes after school tomorrow?"

Mira taps her chin, and smiles.

"Nishikata, wanna come?"

"Uh...I actually..."

"Of course he's coming! Oh! Ishikami-kun could go too! I'll go invite him. We could all go the mall, watch a movie, and shop for costumes! How does that sound?" Mira's voice is filled with happiness, and how could Nishikata refuse that excitement?

"It sounds amazing Mira-Chan, then it's decided!" Takagi claps her hands, then tugs on Nishikata's sleeves. "You'll go with us, right? Don't be chicken and freak out when we watch the new horror movie!"

With that, the two girls left the room, giggling, leaving Nishikata bewildered by what he just agreed to.