Chapter 39: Her Worries

Takagi clambered down the stairs, wondering if Nishikata was waiting for her outside

Takagi clambered down the stairs, wondering if Nishikata was waiting for her outside. The girl smiled at the thought of him, fastening her pace. The cool autumn breeze flew inside through the clear windows, sunset almost arriving to end the day. Birds flew back to their homes, chirping, as if it's an alarm clock. Takagi-San touched her cheeks with her cold hands, with a smirk on her face.

As she walked outside, she looked around to sight a black haired boy waiting. When Takagi didn't see him, in disappointment, she headed back home, thinking how stupid she was to have thought that. She held a stiff smile, then turned to go home.

The sky begins to darken, and negative thoughts swirled around Takagi's head. All those times where she had been 'teasing' him, was it annoying to him? Was she too obvious during that one time he asked her to go to the summer festival with him? Maybe, she wonders, he never really cared. I mean, there could be a possibility that he doesn't...like me back. It might've just been me who was stubborn. I don't know anymore...it's been so long.

She mumbled incoherent things through her hand which covered her face and choked on her sobs. As more tears came, more of her insecurities are revealed, her bottom lips quivered. It was just like this for a few seconds. The clouds joined in on this, showering the girl with light rain.

"I-I should go home now." She pulled out an umbrella in her backpack, and walked the rest of the way home. You couldn't even tell if it was raindrops on her face, or her very own tears.

* * *

"Nishikata, what were you doing at such an hour?" The cold voice gave Nishikata a shrill down his spine.

"No-Nothing, President Karima."

The president gave him a questioning look, expecting more to be told.

"I was...." He tried to think of an excuse, but his mind was blank.

Karima squinted, then smirked,"Does it have to do with that classmate of yours Takagi?"

Seeing the reaction of the boy, she laughs. It was a gentle laugh, warming up the atmosphere of the tense room.

"Oh please, Nishikata, your face says it all."

The redness of his cheeks were intensifying, and he couldn't say anything.

His flustered face keeps making Karima chuckle, it was a rare sound to hear, "Really, no wonder why, it's really funny seeing you like this. All the other boys are so different from you."

Nishikata bit his lip nervously, looking around to see if he can just make a run for it. When his legs were about to give him control again, something made him stop immediately.

"You like her, don't you?" Karima tilted her head, glaring at the boy's dilated pupils.

"I-"

"Ah-ah-ah, don't say you don't, don't even try, because it's obvious. Lemme give you some advice pretty boy," She flicks her fingers, "make a move! Don't keep being all shy alright? She can't keep making all the moves, what about you? Do something!" Karima sighs.

Nishikata couldn't move his mouth, even though he wanted to deny it all, or so he thought, he couldn't bring himself to. It was as if his mouth was zipped up.

"Okay, I can't keep you here for long, go home. But remember, it's okay to like someone, and be sure to show your feelings towards them!" She winked, which was something no one ever saw President Karima do.

Nishikata quickly stood up, then hurried to the door, "Sorry for taking your time," was all he said.

"Don't forget! I'll always be here to be your love counselor! But don't tell any other student!" Karima yelled, laughing afterwards.

The boy mumbled alright and walked to the entrance. Drops of rain were pouring down from the cloudy sky. Weird, it was not raining earlier. Thankfully he was prepared and brought an umbrella. Nishikata took it out and walked his way home, rethinking about what President Karima told him.