Chapter 32: All Ends Well- end of prom

As they walk over, Mira and Takagi share a smile

As they walk over, Mira and Takagi share a smile. They aren't going to let anything get to them. Enjoy the prom, is their only intention of tonight.

"Hello, did you guys miss us?" Mira teased, grinning.

Dramatically, Ishikami replied, "Oh so much!" Nishikata stifled a laugh.

"Beautiful ladies, tis a wonderful night tonight. A perfect time for dancing, now, shall we?" Ishikami stretches out his hand, an invitation to dance with Mira. Mira giggles, and nervously takes his hand.

The music begins to play, and Ishikami, along with the other prom dates led their partner to the middle of the room. The mood of first love was in the air, floating about, sending hints to people, and exposing their nervousness.

Nishikata and Takagi stood at the same spot, Takagi looked at the pairs with envy, but still managed to keep a smile. While debating whether or not he should ask her, Nishikata bit his lips. Should I ask her to dance? No no no, what if people think we're a couple? She'll see me all flustered and tease me about it! I can't let that happen! But...she looks like she wants to dance too...

Then Nishikata flinches, as he remembers earlier, what Ishikami told him.
***
"Hey Nishikata,"

"Hm?"

"You shouldn't let the lady make the first move all the time, be a gentleman and do something for once, I'm sure Takagi would like that."

"W-what? What do you mean the first move..? I don't...we're not..."

Ishikami chuckled, about to say something else, but the girls came over.
***
Okay! I'm only doing this because she wants to dance, not because of me making the 'first move.' Alright, calm down, calm down, all you gotta do is ask her, like that one time in middle school, to the summer festival.

Clearing his throat, he called Takagi, "Takagi-san,"

Takagi immediately turned around, as if she is eager to hear what he was going to say. "Yes, Nishikata?"

His heart did a backflip, the now sweaty hand of his slowly reaches out, receiving a gasp from Takagi. Embarrassed, he turned his head and muttered, "Would you like to dance?"

There was a second of silence before Takagi takes his hand. Nishikata looked up, and he could've sworn he saw Takagi's cheek going to a slight shade of pink. But he was no one to say that, since his own face was probably redder than a tomato.

He walked Takagi over to the dance floor, and when Mira saw them, she nudged Ishikami and they smirked at the adorable oblivious couple. Takagi was so nervous that she didn't say a word until 5 minutes later. Nishikata assumed that she was planning a way to tease him, but little did he know that he was wrong, well, partly wrong.

"Nishikata,"

Nishikata almost tripped, but managed to maintain his balance.

"Thanks for bringing me to prom today."

Eyes widen, and Nishikata felt his face go hot again. He mumbled thanks, and waited for her reaction to tease him.

But she didn't.

All she did was smile, her deep brown eyes glowing brighter than the decoration lights.

Later, the group took photos at the pretty photo booth. Mira and Ishikami took theirs, then left to go eat and party.There was a discount for couples, so Nishikata knew what was going to come.

"Hey Nishikata, let's get the couple photo! It's cheaper, and it won't be that bad."

Looks like Takagi got over the dance butterflies, now she's back to her old self, Nishikata thought.

"B-but what if others misunderstand...?"

"Misunderstand what?"

"...nothing. Let's just hurry and take the pictures."

With satisfaction, Takagi and Nishikata took the pictures. The person collecting their money flashed a smile at them, but Nishikata tried to give the hint that he and Takagi weren't dating, even though he doubts that that person will get it.

"Make sure not to lose it! It's a great memory to have in high school!"

"I won't..." Nishikata peeked at the photo, and noticed that in one of them, Takagi put the bunny ear finger behind his head! He glanced at Takagi, who admired the photos innocently.

Soon after, the prom starts to die down. People started leaving, said their goodbyes and how much fun they had, hugged and high-fived. It was almost time for prom to end. Takagi, Mira, Nishikata, and Ishikami all got a kick out of their first prom, leaving with happiness and laughter in the air. Bonds got stronger, friendships got closer, and laughter grew.

***
Nishikata gazes at the star-illuminated sky, with thoughts about the eventful day he had today. Still holding the strip of pictures he took with Takagi, he stood up, pinned the picture to his corkboard, with the memory of making his 'first move' to her. The future is yet to come, and many days will pass until the day the boy realizes his feelings towards the girl that has been crushing on him since the day they had met. The girl thinks about him every day, the boy does as well, the girl wants to make him laugh and smile more, because that's what he did to her, a very long time ago.

A/N:

Heyo fellow readers! This marks the end of the prom arc, and starting next week, there will be short stories/clips of their interactions. I am doing this to indicate the timeskip we will experience before the next part of their stories. These short stories won't be as relevant to the main plot, but it's only for a few weeks, before the main plot unveils! Till then! Thanks so much for reading my story, I never imagined that it would become this popular! It means so so much to me! :*+.\(( °ω° ))/.:+