Chapter 51: Crush

At this very moment, the president stopped sipping her tea, and sighed

At this very moment, the president stopped sipping her tea, and sighed. She walked closer to the couch where Nishikata nervously sat, and looked him in the eyes.

"Indeed." Then she releases out a breath of relief, face reddening.

Not knowing what to say, Nishikata tried his hardest not to gape. The cold and quiet President has a crush?! Dang, who must this mysterious boy be? He kept that thought to himself, and only lets out a tiny nod of approval.

"That's...very nice, President."

A few seconds of silence passed, and Karima gazed at the window, "aren't you curious of who it is?"

"It would be rude of me to straight up ask you, President Karima. You can tell me if you wish to, no pressure." Nishikata needs to keep his calm and manners around this upperclassman.

Grinning, she replies, "alright. Since you told me yours, I shall also expose to you this little secret of mine."

***

The bell is close to ringing, Ishikami found extra time, so he decided to finish some paperwork in the student council office. On his way to the office, he passed by some lowerclassmen girls that fan girled over him. Trying his best to calm them down, he smiles awkwardly and walks away.

"Ooh la la, look who's the school prince," teased Mira when she saw this and came over.

"Oh whatever Mira." Ishikami replies playfully.

"Oh! Oh! Guess what~ someone invited me to hangout tomorrow after school! Do you think...they'll be the one?" She clasps her hands together, making this dreamy look on her face.

Laughing, Ishikami says, "who knows, Mira? They may be."

"Okay okay, I gotta go, byee Ishikami-kun!"

He waves bye to her, and gets on going to the council office. When reaching, he overheard voices in the office. Who would be in the office at this time? Secretary and treasurer should be busy right now, so it should only be Karima.

He hid behind the door, leaning his face suspiciously against the door. Soon, he heard,

"...such a kind person, thoughtful and caring, I had no idea I would...crush on them..." the is that karima's voice?

"President Karima, I personally think you guys would be amazing together. I hope they realize how you're feeling about them." -Nishikata? Why is he in the office, and...who are they talking about?

He then heard a gentle laugh that gave him a warm hug, followed by,

"Thank you, Nishikata. I wish the same would go for you, and...remember my advice!"

"Okay, I must go now, President, thank you for inviting me today to talk with you."

After hearing this, Ishikami quickly fixed his posture, and pretended to walk in as Nishikata came out.

"O-Oh, Ishikami-kun!" Nishikata exclaims.

"Hello, Nishikata," Ishikami simply replied, walking towards the desk of paperwork.

Ishikami could've swore he saw Nishikata smirk, though he didn't believe it since he didn't think he would make a face like that.

Nishikata exits, and all that's left in the room was the student council President and Vice President.

"Good afternoon, President Karima."

He looked at the girl, who faced towards the window, sipping her daily dose of rose tea. Her face was covered by her jet black hair, that hid the embarrassment in her face, when she replies, "g-good afternoon, Ishikami."