Chapter 9: Who is that?

Nishikata looks nervously up. Takagi San bents down and helps Mira up.
"Nishikata, what did you do this time?" She questions with a concerned face.
Nishikata feels his hands squirming to calm his nerves. "Uhm, you see, Takagi-San, I..."
Mira stands up, and then brushes off the non existent dust.

"Takagi-Chan, it's all good. The thing is, Nishikata-kun thought I was you, hehe, and then maybe he wanted to follow Takagi-Chan, so instead he followed me... turns out he wanted to scare you! Haha, Takagi-Chan, say, I protected you from a horrific scare! We're even now! Haha (^∇^)"

Takagi looks at Nishikata, with such a serious face that Nishikata wanted to avoid her death glance.

"Oh? Is that so?" Takagi crosses her arms and turns her head just so slightly. Then she bursts out laughing, so hard that Nishikata thought he almost saw a tear beside her eyes.

"Nishikata? Did you actually try to scare me?" Takagi closes her eyes and thinks about all the times Nishikata attempted to scare her.  She smiles, and then giggles once more.

Nishikata bites his lips and slowly stands up. "So-o, Takagi-San, uhm, what class do you have next? I have history with Ms....Kora?" Nishikata looks at her and desperately wants to change the subject.

Takagi-San shrugs, she points towards the lockers, and said, "I'm going to my locker to get my schedule, I forgot hehe..." she walks towards the lockers, leaving Mira and Nishikata awkwardly standing next to each other.

"uh...Mira, once again, I'm sorry for scaring you like that...."

"O-oh! No worries." Mira shifts towards the wall, and fixes her hair.

Then there was the awkward silence.

Ohhh. Arghhhh....what should I say?.this is so awkward....what do I do?

"oh, Nishikata-kun, when do you want to work on the project?" Mira glances at Nishikata, who was staring out the window.

"Uh..Nishikata-kun?" Mira waves her hands in front of his face, making him blink and turning towards her.
"Sorry, I wasn't listening, could you repeat that please?" Nishikata felt so embarrassed.
"oh, it was nothing important. Let's head to class now!" Mira starts walking towards the hallways.

"Do you have history as well Mira?" Nishikata asks.

"no, but our classes are next to each other, so we might as well walk there together?" Mira quickens her pace.
Nishikata wonders about Takagi, thinking where she is and what could be taking her so long just to get her schedule from her locker. He starts to walk away from Mira, and towards the lockers. Only to see Takagi-San talking and smiling, with a another boy.

Who...is that?