Halloween Special-chapter 4

"Takagi-chan! Why is your face so pink?" Mira teased, smirking

Takagi stood in silence, biting her bottom lip, wondering if Nishikata actually likes her costume. Her fingers playing with her hair, and the smile on her face reveals it all.

Walking over to Ishikami, Nishikata casually takes some food onto his plate and sits down at the sofa, where other sophomores and some juniors were hanging out. They all cheered about something, discussing the games and the basketball team.

"Our basketball team won again!" said one tall guy.

"Of course!"

A skinny junior makes eye contact with Nishikata, "Hey, who's this?"

Everyone turns their attention to the freshman, who was raised his head to see the glaring eyes. "I'm Nishikata, a freshman. Nice to meet you all."

"Ohh that boy Ishi was talking about!" The tall guy remarks.

"You going out with her?" Another sophomore asks, drinking from his cup, nodding at a girl with a specific witch costume.

A flush of red blew up the other guys, laughing at Nishikata.

Nishikata tried to argue, but his voice was not loud enough to get through the hollerings and laughter. "N-no! It's not what you think it is! I swear...I'm not going out with her. Takagi-san, she's a friend..."

Sound of wolves howling rung the living room, causing some heads to swivel and stare, then quickly ignores the usual behaviors to go back to their own businesses. "A friend! Sure sounds like it, right, Luca?"

Luca bared his teeth. "Yeah! Just a friend. That's just an excuse to fool and lie to yourself, buddy."

"You heard him!" And they all clinked their drinks like it were wine.

"Listen Nishikata, Takagi is a good girl. Go after her, and don't lose your chance!" One of the juniors smirked and gave Nishikata a dirty look.

Deciding that the upperclassmen were going to tease him about Takagi, Nishikata excused himself to get more food. The lights were slightly dimmed, leaving some mysterious hauntedness in the air.

"Oh!"

Nishikata bumped into someone while daydreaming. Coincidentally it was Takagi. Of course it was. Out of all people it had to be Takagi. Why now, wondered Nishikata.

"Sorry..." A small voice came from the boy's throat.

"It's okay. Hey Nishikata, did you enjoy today?" Takagi asked, grabbing a cookie from a tray.

The boy nodded, looking down, too afraid to look at Takagi in the eye after what the upperclassmen had said. Make a move, go after her, don't lose your chance.

"I'm glad you did. I know I had tons of fun." Takagi smiles at him, who only blushes even more. Thankfully the dimmed lights hide the rosy cheeks.

"Yeah. Thanks for bringing me with you guys. I don't remember the last time I've gone trick or treating." Managing to keep up the conversation was difficult for the boy.

"You're welcome!"

Nishikata tilted his head, seeing the snickering sophomores and pointing juniors.

"What are they pointing at?" Takagi glances at the boys, who all waves at her.

"N-nothing probably. Anyways, I've got tons of candy, and I don't really have a sweet tooth. So, do you want to have some of my candy?"

"Sure!"

They walked over with their bag of treats, setting and dumping it on the carpet in the guest room. Sorting out the candy and making small talks took some time and awkwardness was definitely there.

About half an hour later they were done, and so was the party wrapping up.

"Thanks, Ishikami for inviting me." Nishikata waved goodbye and giving the upperclassmen a wave.

Once he entered the room, he collapsed onto the bed. He notices something in his candy bag, a white piece of paper, with words that formed a letter. The letter wasn't signed, leaving Nishikata clueless to who might have written it.

On it wrote,

Dear Nishikata, happy Halloween! I hope you enjoy this wonderful time of the year with sweet treats and happy smiles. Watching and seeing you laughing really makes me ecstatic. I'm glad you're here, and I hope it will always stay the same!
Sincerely, a person with tricks and treats!

A/N: That wraps up our Halloween side story! I'm still thinking about what to do next, but the main story will come back soon! Thanks for reading!