Chapter 6: Language Arts|Jumpscare

As class began, Nishikata starts to feel a little bit guilty about leaving Takagi there all alone. He would frequently look back to catch Takagi's eyes, but she would never look back, and pretended to be focused in class. He wanted to call out her name to explain everything to her, but he would get in trouble, so he decided to tell her at the end of the class, and when lunch period comes.

"Nishikata-kun." Nishikata jumps a little from his seat, surprised from the quiet whisper that came from Mira. Mira has noticed that Nishikata has been looking at the back of the classroom, and she has began to wonder who he was looking at. "Who are you looking at? You seem to be always staring behind you, is something wrong?" 

"O-oh, nothing Mira, I-I was just looking....at the clock.. yeah. I was wondering when this class will be over." Nishikata managed a little smile, but he only heard a giggle from the girl next to him. "What-t is it Mira?" Oh shoot, I didn't mess up again, did I?

Mira wrote something on a small piece of paper, and handed it to him while the teacher wasn't looking. Nishikata stared at the paper, and felt his face flushing with embarrassment. "Your face is as red as a tomato!" Mira covers her mouth with her hand, and the sound of her laughter made Nishikata think of someone.

Nishikata-kun,
The clock is in the front of the classroom...
-Mira

*30 minutes later the bell rings for lunch*

"Alright class, remember to write your diary entry in English that is due tomorrow. Go enjoy lunch and socialize." And with that, the teacher leaves the classroom.

Nishikata hurries to the back of the classroom before Mira could finish packing up. He looks at Takagi, and says, "Takagi-San, uhm...sorry for not being able to sit next to you, I was with——"

" oh~, Takagi-Chan! I didn't notice you were in this class! Mom said that you were in this school, and told me to look for you, but I couldn't find you in the morning!" Mira rushes to hug Takagi-San, who gently pats her back.

"It's nice to see you here too Mira. I see you already met Nishikata...Let's go to lunch now, I have friends waiting, you could join if you want." Takagi starts packing up and smiles.

"And Nishikata," she looks back at the confused boy, who expected her to say something. She then laughs, and zips her backpack up. "Nothing~ be nice to Mira okay?"

She takes Mira's hand, and made a gesture for Nishikata to follow.

In the hallway, Nishikata notices the big difference in personalities that Mira had before class and after class. What relationship do they have? Takagi-Chan? Oh right! I have to ask Takagi-San about the note I got....But should I ask her...I-i mean, what if she didn't even write i—

Nishikata notices the sudden silence when he opened his mouth, and looks ahead, NO ONE WAS THERE!  He starts to walk quicker, hoping to catch up to them. When he came to the cafeteria, he didn't see a sign of two girls with brown and black hair together. He was going to turn around, and look for them, but the moment he stepped the ground, he was greeted with a jump scare from not one, but two girls.

"BOO!"
"AHHHH!"

He fell down and covered his face. It was when he heard bursts of laughter that he realized it was all a prank. A prank from none other than his friend Takagi-San.