Initiation Fight

I was pulled with the crowd into an arena. Plenty of the other students wanted a glimpse at the battles. I could tell which kids were new, they sat closest to the entrance, far from other pixies. I sat down at the front of the arena, not wishing to show fear or hesitation. I wasn't afraid of these kids. 

Two pixies went before me, one girl with rapiers and a pink pixie who got his ass swiftly kicked. The announcer had to step in before she beat him too harshly. 

"All right folks, Caius and Alton, you're up!"

I slipped into the ring. The pixie who entered the other side had to be helped in. He had one measly wing, ripped and torn to shreds. I stepped closer to this kid, wondering what his deal was. His eyes reflected a milky tint, clouding the red underneath. He was blind.

"I can't fight him," I protested. 

"You have to," the announcer gestured. "Remember to fight fair."

I stared at Alton. He didn't move. I couldn't attack the poor kid. He was already beaten and worn, hadn't the world hurt him enough. The entire arena flooded with smoke. A wave of it showed fiery red eyes. I wondered for a moment if I was hallucinating but then I saw Alton, the kid with his eyes aglow. Wasn't he blind? I lifted my fire dagger from my boot. I'd make quick work of this if I had to.

He disappeared from my sight. I looked around the arena, trying to find him. A wave of fire flew my direction. I leaped into the air, narrowly dodging the inferno. I wondered where he was mustering this from, trying to think of what clan he could be from. A huge wave of fire fell on me from the ceiling. I threw my fire dagger into the floor, turning my body to fire. I headed into the fire, breaking through to find Alton, floating on flames, his eyes alight. I was grabbed by the fire, my body thrown to the arena floor, my knife ripped from the ground by Alton. He threw it beside my head, my entire body scorched by an inferno.

I screamed, the pain intense. This wasn't a fair fight, he was killing me. This was far worse than anything I felt before. My body lurched forward.

I was standing still in the arena, my fire dagger in hand. I caught my breath, my lungs relieved of the smoke and flames. I dropped to my knees as those around me cheered for Alton. I had lost. 

What the hell happened to me?

I sat in the stands, still reeling. How could that have happened to me? 

That night, I sat in the bar area. A girl sat herself across from me. She was giggling, drunk off of something.

"What are you drinking, sweetheart?" I inquired.

I need a victory to cloud my defeat.

"Nectar," she threw back her long golden curls. "Can I take you upstairs?"

"Of course," I followed her. 

I discovered her name was Briar. I ravished her, finding that a female's body was much more easy to unravel than a male's. Boys required more work to melt than girls. It didn't stop me from liking whatever I could get. I finished with her, taking a nap next to her. I awoke with her kicking me out of her rooms. She had a large area to herself, which I found unusual.

I still couldn't get the taste of defeat out of my mouth. I went back downstairs, snooping around the bar for more victims. By the end of the night, I got a few victims. I ended up bedding another girl and two boys. I rested easy in my bed until the morning. 

A golden scroll was slipped under my door that night. I opened it.

Caius- Congradulations on making it into Delta Ace! You are on Team Rose Gold, containing teammates Kane, Salvador, Pixa, Aelianna, and Alton. Your teammates are going to be with you for the long run, try to find sanctuary in them. 

I tossed the note down, not really caring. What I was, was bored. I needed something to consume and my body wasn't looking to give out anymore. I needed to find a library, get some books in me. 

I wondered downstairs, running into Zephyr with my first conquest of the night, Briar. 

"You lead this guild," I walked up to Zephyr.

"Correction, we run this guild," Zephyr corrected me. "This is Briar, one of the other two leaders. Stranton is out on his own mission, how can we help you?"

Briar wouldn't meet my eyes, clearly remembering what she did last night. She was honestly beautiful, long golden curly hair, pink eyes, gold-pink wings adorned her back. I couldn't help but remember the beautiful cries she made last night. 

"Where's your library?" I asked. "Is there a library?"

"Of course," Zephyr nodded. "Straight through the dining room."

I wondered my way into the dining room. A pixie with wings made of ice shoved his way by me. I continued to wonder in, looking at the three different doors aside from the one I had just entered. I went over to one, finding a spiral staircase. It lead back upstairs to the dormitories. I tried the second, finding a kitchen filled with staff. The last one held the library.

It was a grand thing, the ceilings taller than I could imagine. There were stairs, ladders, everywhere so one could access the different levels, the multitude of shelves filled with any book imaginable. I could live here, I decided. 

I spent the day pouring myself into books, the night spent asleep for once. I had enough ravishing for one day.