Breath

Dreams seem so real the moment you are in them. They consume your senses, they'd consume your soul if you'd let them. But you know they're not real. There's some understanding that it is, in fact, a dream. 

That night mine felt so vivid. 

He was there before me again. Almost how he had been before me previously that day. My father was just taller than me now, I wasn't the tallest but I wasn't short either. Nothing compared to Salvador. His brunette hair that he swept back, his beard that fell just below his chin. He was stockier than I was, however. I was thin, swift. He was the source I got my power from. My looks came from my mother.

"Boy," was all he said. He snarled it.

"My name is Caius," I glared at him. 

"Boy."

"I am your fucking son!" I yelled. "Call me by the Titania-damn name you gave me."

"Boy."

"Why do you fucking hate me?" I was shouting now. "Why don't you love me anymore?"

"I stopped loving you when you became worthless to me."

"So money, you gave up on your child because of monetary gain. What a fucking cuck. I hate you. I hate everything you've done to me. I hate the fucking nightmares you give me that creep up on me once a few months. I hate that the only time I feel in control of anything is when I'm getting fucked. I hate the panic and the vomiting and the crying and the desire to die. Why couldn't you be a normal father?"

He stared. His red eyes stabbed mine.

"Why couldn't you fucking love me?" I screamed. 

He smirked. I turned to see what he was looking at. Behind me, a large black snake was rising. Its tongue flicked out. I knew. I knew it was Seamus. He had come to protect me. 

He bent his head down, showing that he was under my command. I set myself back to my father. He was smiling at the snake. 

"You could be that glorious," he said. "If only you were a girl."

"With the way I ride dick, I could be," I scoffed. "You could have been a decent father. What the fuck is wrong with you."

"Boy," he sneered.

"I hope you like being dead. I know you wanted me dead too."

Seamus launched at the man. When his blood splashed upon me, I began to laugh. The laugh shook my whole body, filled my ears with the sound. I was going insane. Or maybe I already had. I was coughing on the laughter now. I choked and suddenly I was crying. I was in a weeping heap by the time Seamus had devoured the man. 

"I told you I'd keep you safe," Seamus bowed to me.

"Then why does it hurt?" I managed to say.

"Caius," Seamus shrank down to the size I knew.

"Caius," Sal whispered, jostling me awake. 

The night was still dark. I was trembling, tears falling down my face.

"Are you all right, love?" Sal asked quietly.

"Sal, I'm so scared," I buried myself further into his skin. 

"Scared of what?" he was trying to soothe me.

But I didn't know. That's what scared me. I was scared of my father. I was scared of Seamus, maybe it was awe at what he had done to protect me. I was scared of dying. I was scared of myself, what I could do if I wasn't trapped here.