Mission

I woke up the following day feeling numb. My room was coated in blood and I still felt the insanity pulling at the edges of my reality. I needed to get out, to conquer something. It was pointless to stay hung up on a moron. I slipped into my clothes, heading for the door. A small cream colored piece of paper was under the doorway. 

There was a mission statement on the paper. I felt my stomach twist when I read the names. Kane, Salvador, and Avery. I threw the paper back on the floor, infuriated. I was dealing with all these people I had already made enemies of. Yet, the more I thought of it, the more it gave me an excuse to seduce Salvador right in front of his shitty boyfriend. I could also sleep with Avery if I really felt like it. As revenge. That sounded great to me.

I went to the other room, grabbing my array of daggers. I packed them with some spare food, clothes, and the tent that I was issued. I set the pack on my back, heading downstairs. I wasn't even interested in food, revenge tasted far too sweet. 

"You ready to go?" Avery offered to me.

"Fuck yeah," I smirked.

"Ah, now we have everyone," Avery turned his head.

I saw my gorgeous ocean siren approaching, a dark demon beside him. This must have been Kane. His wings were made of ice, only adding to the illusion that he was absolute shit. His hair was a short black, smoothed back against his skull, which I only wished to bash. He wore a purple sleeveless shirt, the V neck dipping far too low. His pants were a blackish purple, giving the idea that he was a performer. He had black leather boots, the only part about him that made me believe he was normal. He had a hammer strapped to his belt. My siren reflected this, an ax strapped to his belt. I knew he had a melee weapon. He was beautifully strong.

"Und you are?" he looked me over.

"Caius," I smirked. "Kane, I presume?" 

"Da," he nodded.

"I didn't imagine you'd look like this," I crossed my arms. "I expected someone who looked much less like a fairy."

"Oi," Salvador stepped in. "Be nice, we all are spendin' time as a team, act like it."

"Fine," I shrugged.

I could still see the outline of a bruise on Salvador's neck. It had faded enough to blend in with his tan skin but not yet have disappeared. I found a smile tracing my lips. I owned Salvador now.

"Let's get going," Avery flew up nervously.

We flew for a long while, landing in the middle of the woods to set up our camp. I slipped off from the group, wondering around the woods on my own. I didn't wish to be slapped together with all of them for so long. I could already tell Kane was going to be a major pain. I didn't even know what to do about Salvador. I wanted him so badly, but he was unattainable.

I leaned against a tree, watching Salvador cut down wood from a distance. His muscles flexed in a way that made me want to shove him against that tree and mess with his head. Kane walked by him, Salvador's gaze following. I wished that gaze was trained on me. I wanted his addictive lips attached to mine.

I hated Kane.

He treated Salvador miserably but Salvador was hooked on the asshole. I wanted to treat Kane the same way I treated Titus, the blood and the bruises and making a mess of him. People like that deserved ruin. Maybe punching him in the face would do the trick.

My thoughts filled with Titus, the way I nearly choked the daylights out of him. The way he avoided me following. I wish Salvador wasn't like that, avoiding me. I caught thoughts of what Salvador was like, loving and naked.