.preface

PREFACE.

marcus arguello walked the somewhat busy streets of san fransico, looking around every corner he took

marcus arguello walked the somewhat busy streets of san fransico, looking around every corner he took. making sure he kept his head low and tucked. he had stop at about three trashcans for snacks and bumped into many meaning he most likely stole wallets. "saya when i said i would tutor you i didn't agree to this." reyna torres got up from her fold away chair, looking over the roof meeting saya's eyesight looking to the chestnut colored hair boy.

"he's my pledge i have to make sure that he doesn't eat anything too deadly." reyna rolled her eyes at the pity excuse that came from her. reyna looked at the photo saya was given by master lin. it was the boy, he was cute and reyna couldn't help to smirk knowing her close friend was taking personal interest into someone other than maria. slightly frowning when she thought about him burning a boy's home down.

"you know. he's going to be a handful pledge that's why he was given to you. you mean nothing but business. right? or did you already fall for the pyromaniac before you could even utter a sound to him?" reyna exclaimed only making saya back away from the ledge of the tall building looking to the tall girl snatching the photo away putting it back into her leather jacket.

"oh, so it's a private picture now, huh? well uhm, his little scar makes him look like a badass but judging by his character on the streets. he isn't." reyna only shrugged taking a seat once again, motioning saya to take the seat next to her and she complied as reyna sipped on her fountain drink. "you can't judge a book by its cover." was the only thing that was said by the inked covered girl, earning a smirk.

"i mean chico didn't judge you when you were his pledge now, did he?" saya almost challenged reyna. "it was great sex." reyna admitted with a smirk on face not caring about the guilt chico still carried from the actions he caused last year. saya cringed at the thought of chico being able to have two good girls, that is also her bestfriends in his reach, to control them so much. "since you didn't call up here today for studying, you're going to tell me the plan of how we're going to capture him tonight." reyna leaned forward crossing her hands together and leaning her chin on it as if she was a little kid hearing a nursey rhyme for the first time.

◦ NIGHTFALL.

reyna turned to walk out her room slightly jumping at spooky torres as he leaned against her doorframe. "sorry, did i frighten you? just let myself in once word got to me that you were scurrying off to find the dude that burned down the boy's home from someone else other than you." spooky exclaimed only for reyna to nod as she adjusted the chain that sat on her bare torso.

"i was going to tell you", reyna met her half-brother's eyes as he basically called out for her bullshit. "after we came back because the rundown of you reminding me how to defend myself is pure bullshit." the girl braced herself as he older brother came closer to her.

"posture at the triangle, what kind?" spooky rolled up his sleeves, stopping himself infront of his sister towering over her she rolled her eyes. "obtuse." she got into her fighting position, spooky struck her rib cage twice only for her to let out a groan. "wrong, isosceles." he simply stated as his sister hunched over to catch her breath and to ease the pain. finally standing back to her normal height.

"you better be lucky you're pretty serves as a distraction from your horrible posture. make sure no one fucks your face up or it's over for you." spooky heckled only for reyna to hit him in the gut, spooky let out a silent groan. "i seen the dude on the streets he's not fucking anyone up, besides i'm far from alone. i'm going to be with maria, willie, saya and billy." reyna thought she would inform her brother as she looked through her closet to find a jacket to go over her bare shoulders.

"i know i found out from maria that you were going tonight. meaning i have the night with chico." spooky smiled causing reyna to point her finger at him.

"don't get into anything, just paid the mob back and they're still angry with pops. they might decide to take their anger out on him." reyna warned her brother, spooky just pulled his sister into a hug, putting his chin on top of her head.

"baby sister, do you hear yourself? we owe that man nothing especially you." spooky mumbled into her head kissing it. reyna pulled away from spooky. "he's old now, he might as well die at old age than the hands of the mob." the girl looked to her clock sighing know it was almost time to depart for the dominion. "or the hands of you sounds just as good." spooky offered. reyna opened her mouth to say something but the door swung open and in walked willie and saya.

"good, you're ready. maria decided she wanted to do the whole face thing just know and it's delaying us all." saya was somewhat nervous, this was her pledge and nothing could go wrong. spooky nodded at willie, and he returned one back. "and what about the rat?" reyna quirked her eyebrow knowing that everyone was not accounted for. "i'm right here." billy stood right outside of the girl's door.

"we weren't sure if you would let him in so we told him to stand outside." willie explained only for spooky to let out a little laugh. "i'm not a bitch, you can come in billy just don't touch anything valuable that goes for everyone in here." reyna addressed everyone else. "half of your shit is my shit." spooky defended himself, taking his switch blade from her dresser and she only shrugged. "not valuable." she declared only for spooky to fake gasp holding his hand to his chest acting offended.

heel clicking could be heard in the room, heads turned to maria who had her full outfit on holding her fans and chico walking behind her. "sorry we forgot the track of time." maria apologized to anyone as she fixed her slightly tangle head. as chico let out a chuckle, saya let out a scoff pushing past the couple to get out the room. maria opened her mouth, as if she was going to say something. reyna signaled both willie and billy to leave the room and once they did.

"she's taking this pledge seriously and you two better not fuck it up for her, or there will be problems coming from me. allies or not", reyna turned to her brother who couldn't help but to smile like a proud father. "don't trash my room." she muttered walking out the room, maria awkwardly following behind her. off to get the pyromaniac.