.003

003.

"maybe i should kill my inhibition

"maybe i should kill my inhibition."

◦AP BLACK ARTS

students were slumped on their desks, trying to stay awake. some secretly working on homework from other classes, listening to music and doing everything but listening to the story willie had to tell. "full hardcore. he was collecting memorabilia like we learned in class. so i waited for him, crept up on him. this dude, he was about to stab me with a screwdriver." willie stood in front of the class explaining the kill he managed to score last night for the assignment. it hadn't come to many students to actually do the assignment.

"and i found this pipe. i crushed that fool's head in. dumpstered the body set it on fire and got out of there." willie looked around the classroom noticing the silence, how uninterested they were. he expected more of a reaction from them. adjusting himself putting his toothpick between his lips and walking back to his seat. the class was silent as master lin walked back to the center middle.

"70% of soldiers don't pull the trigger in battle, no matter the stakes. the weak always choke in the face of killing. with fear of expulsion, all your hopes and dreams, all your family expectations, only one of you could do it, so we'll have a new test," master lin spat as he slammed his cane on spooky's desk making him narrow his eyes at the teacher, "a final chance to prove your worth. survive and you earn a place here. fail and you die. the weak do not belong in my school. go. get out my sight." master lin growled. everyone was awake now and feared what master lin implied. chairs scraping across the hardwood floor was the only thing that was heard.

everyone stood out in the hallway pondering on if they should pack their bags tonight, wondering how society was going to be once they left the school. "had a guy, couldn't find proof." saya touched her forehead as she paced back and forth. she couldn't bear to disappoint master lin. "i hobbled a jaywalker. was the best i could find!" vicktor roared as he slammed his fist against the wall.

"my old man wouldn't open the door." spooky added into the people of complaining about the unfairness of the grading system. reyna looked at her brother hitting him in the chest with a murderous stare."you're not killing our pops." reyna glared, getting a snicker from scolding her brother. started to rattle, everyone looked around seeing gates close quickly on both of sides of the hall, trapping them. students tried to outrun the gate but they were already closed. and they knew the quiz had started.

"i'm alive without breath, cold as death. i'm never thirsty but i'm always drinking. what am i? to pass this quiz and survive the poison gas, you need to make it to the botanical classroom and answer that riddle in five minutes." master lin's voice came from the intercom along with the gas coming from the vents. reyna looked to her brother, slowing her breathing. vicktor was the first to the gate trying to bend it open. "hey i-i think i can help." marcus somewhat mumbled as he walked towards the gate.