The First Encounter

- IT'S NOW PRESENT DAY, BY THE WAY.-

2530 Maple Street, Hawkins, Indiana
Friday April 19th 1990
8:07 am

Richie helped Mike and Nancy pack everything into the back of their mom's minivan. They didn't use the minivan much, since Ted had a very well, and nice car. But, considering the amount of people, and the long road ahead, this was a better option. They wouldn't be there until 1 am the next day.

"Okay, kids. You better be safe." Karen said, walking out of the house. "And Nancy, you better come home. The kids will take the train like we agreed." While saying 'agreed', she gave Mike and Richie a look, the look which read Won't you boys? Which made them both nod their heads.

"Okay, I love you all." She gave each of them a kiss on the forehead, and a nice short hug. She waved them off as they drove away.

-

Mayfield/Hargrove Residence, Hawkins, Indiana
Friday April 19th 1990
8:15 am 

"Okay, Max lives closer, so pick her up first." Richie said, making himself comfortable. 

They pulled into Max's driveway, where Max sat with her big duffle bag and a tiny backpack.

"Why are you waiting out here?" Richie asked, helping her load her things.

"Billy." Was all she said. And was all she had to say for Richie to know.

They hopped in and began on their way to pick up Jane.

Jane had a harder time convincing her dad to let her go. Her dad had a hard time letting her go to these things. 

-

Hawkins, Indiana - Derry, Maine
Friday April 19th 1990 - Saturday April 20th 1990
8: 23am - 1:39am

After everything was accounted for, they began their long trip to Derry, Maine. It was full of bad singing, headaches, bathroom and food breaks and tiny or long naps.

Until it was one in the morning and they pulled into the parking lot of the 'Wally Motel' the E had lost it's light, making it read 'Wally Motl'.

"Hello, welcome to the Wally Motel, i'm Drew, how can I help you?" A man asked, he seemed tired.

"You're Drew? Your name tag reads Wally." Max mentioned.

"Wally doesn't work here." He answered. Max glanced at him, but kept her thoughts to herself.

"Hi, we booked two rooms, under the names Wheeler." Nancy said. 

Drew went over to his computer, scrolling down.

"Yup. Here's your keys. Rooms nine and ten." He motioned them off.

-

Wally Motel, Derry, Maine
Saturday April 20th, 1990
12:57pm

When they awoke, Nancy began her way off. While Richie grabbed the phone, calling Eddie. At this point the numbers on the sticky note were memorized.

"Hello?" Eddie asked.

"Hey, Eds. We're here." Richie said. 

Eddie did a little squealed which made Richie laugh.

"Oh my gosh! My friend Bev and I are so excited! Me and her are going to meet you guys first. Since Stan has this bird watching thing, and Mike has chores, Bill's still asleep and who knows what Ben's up to!" He exclaimed, the excitement not dying down.

"Where are we meeting you?" Richie asked.

"Okay, so, you guys are at the Wally Motel, right?"

"Yup."