Small Ball

Pace University, New York, New York
Monday, August 30th 1994
3:45 pm

Lucas had invited Eddie to see the football game with Ivy and him, Eddie agreed, and brought Skylar and Tasha along. School started in three days and the football team was already created, and had a game. The group currently sat on the bleachers in the front while the team warmed up. Skylar was complaining about how he tried out, but sadly got denied, so he wants to leave.

Ivy wasn't paying attention to them, just watching the cheerleaders-Sofia was on the cheer team and was helping Issac and Tom set up stuff-. Lucas and Eddie sat in silence, Eddie listening to Skylar's rant, while Lucas thought of how to start a conversation with either Eddie or Tasha.

-

The game was an hour in, and the bleachers where packed and Skylar was fine after Tasha bought him some popcorn from one of the food trucks that arrived.

"So, Eddie," Lucas began, turning to the boy who smiled at him. "How has stuff been since... ya know?"

"Fine."

"How's your pals?"

"They're good, they've all began their lives. Well, not like that, I mean..."

"Adulthood?"

Eddie laughed. "Yeah, that. Beverly is somewhere here. Like, in New York."

"Oh, is she going to school?"

"Something like that. She's trying to start a fashion industry, but the place in France she applied to, didn't accept her."

"Oh."

"But, she'll get there."

"How about the others?" He asked.

"Uhh, well, Ben is off to university, he got accepted into Harvard!"

"That's not surprising." Lucas smiled, Eddie grinned back.

"Yeah, he's super smart and will do great things." Eddie stared at the field. "Mike's still at Derry. Same with Stan. Mike's trying to sell his farm, and Stan's taking a year off. Bill should be home now, his parents took him and his brother to Germany because Bill graduated."

Lucas nodded, picturing how pretty it must be in Germany.

"How's everyone in Hawkins?" Eddie asked, Lucas looked at him.

"They're good. None of them have left, but Mike's planning to. He's planning to go to the same college Nancy went to, and he's taking Jane with him."

"That's cool."

"Will's going to community college, so he's not leaving. Max and Dustin is doing the same as Stan."

"And Richie?" Eddie looked a bit sad mentioning Richie's name, but Lucas didn't bring it up and replied to his question.

"Well, he wants to go to school, he's smart enough to, but he wants to do comedy instead of something educational," Eddie smiled.

"He'd be good as a comedian."

"Yeah, but.. uh, well, he's with a girl right now," Eddie's smile kinda dropped a bit, but tried to hide it by keep his corners turned up. "And she's not the best person, and she wants to do some kinda band thing."

"Oh... well, hopefully that will work for him." Eddie averted his gaze to the field seeing the ball go flying and people standing and cheering.

-

34 Witcham Street, Derry, Maine
August 30th 1994
3:50 pm

Stanley Uris walked up the steps to the Denbrough household, they returned while he was taking Eddie to New York, and Stanley wanted to see his boyfriend.

He knocked on the door, and Georgie opened it. He was now eleven and he still had the same bubbly personality he had when he was child, like nothing had changed.

"Hi, Stan!"

"Hey, Georgie. How was Germany?"

"Oh! It was amazing! At first I was like, ew I don't want to go, but, I'm glad I went! It's so~ pretty, and the food was delicious, and the hotel had a great pool, and Bill and I played Marco Polo and I won every time!"

"Wow, it sounds like you had a blast!"

"I did!"

Stanley laughed. "That's great. Is Bill busy right now?"

"Oh, uh, I don't think so. Come in!"

Stanley gladly accepted and walked inside, taking his shoes off and walking up the stairs to Bill's room. In a few weeks, Bill would be moving in with Stan. Stanley got an apartment at the beginning of the summer, after his parents divorced, and Bill asked if he could live with him, and Stanley said he with no hesitation.

He met the brown door, knocking twice.

"Yeah, Georgie?!" Bill yelled. Stanley opened the door walking in.

"S-Stan!" Bill smiled. "What are y-you doing here?!" Bill walked up to him, giving him a sweet, short, hug. Followed by a kiss to the cheek.

"I wanted to know... do you want to go adopt a dog with me?" Bill's eyes widened.

"A-A dog?!"

"Duh!"

"Of c-course, I want t-to!"

"It's lonely in that apartment, we'll need a mess." Bill shook his head with a smile as he followed Stanley down the stairs to head to his car. "This place has a lot of cute ones, of course we should get a small one considering how tiny our place is, and tiny dogs are so adorable!"

-

The two stepped out of the car, and walked up to a shelter, that was a light grey on the outside, and huge windows beside the door. The place had no one in it, as far as Stan could tell. The two walked in hand in hand with smiles plastered on their faces, as they greeted the lady standing behind the counter who soon showed them to the room holding the animals.

"Aw, S-Stan, look at t-this one!" Bill exclaimed, pointing to a tiny Toy Fox Terrier. "Aw!" Bill squatted, cooing at the tiny thing behind the cage. "Can w-we please get h-him! Look at h-his little face!"

The dog barked and spun around and Stanley looked at Bill to see him totally in love.

"Sure."

Bill let out an exciting squeal. "Y-you hear that l-little guy? You're c-coming home with u-us!" Bill stood up to let the lady take him out and prepare him for his leaving. "Stan, isn't h-he the cutest?!"

Stanley giggled, seeing the pure joy still on Bill's face as he was all jittery to receive the new friend.

"What do you want to name him?" Stanley asked.

"O-oh... I have n-no clue."

The lady soon returned, handing the dog over to Bill who began cuddling him immediately, and began to look at the accessories for him on the wall.

"So, here we have the adoption certificate, so, what is his name?"

"Uh..." Stanley looked over at Bill and saw a little collar that read Milo. "Milo." The lady wrote it down then handed it to Stanley to sign. Bill then came over with a few accessories-which he insisted he payed for- and then the two left.