In Love With Eddie Kaspbrak

Wally's Motel, Derry, Maine
Wednesday May 8th 1990
7:17pm

"You what?" Richie asked, in disbelief.

Eddie sighed. "Nothing..."

"No, tell me. We're best friends, we-we tell each other everything."

"Ok, ok... I think I might like boys. I find them cute, a little bit more cuter than girls." He lost eye contact with Richie. "But like, it's not like I even know what I'm talking about, it's not like I've ever dated anyone, so how do I even know what gender is better? Oh my god, oh no, you're disappointed, you're disgusted. It's okay, it's fine, I'll sleep on the floor, I'm so sorry." Eddie rambled, beginning to crawl out from under the blankets.

Richie grabbed Eddie's arm, stopping him.

"Eddie, it's fine, I don't care. You don't have to sleep on the floor, and I'm not disgusted."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive."

"Don't tell my mom, okay?"

Richie laughed. "Yeah."

"I'm sorry, now I've made things awkward." Eddie sighed.

"Eddie, if I can be honest with you... I-I think I might like boys a little too."

"What? Really?" Eddie's eyes lit up, but Richie was to oblivious to see that.

"Yeah, but I think I might like both genders. Ya know?"

Eddie nodded. "How do you know?"

"What?"

"How do you know you like both though?"

"How do you know you like boys?"

"I... I don't."

"Then what? How- what- you're not making any sense."

"I really think I like boys, but I don't know... they're cute."

"Have you kissed a girl?"

Surprisingly, Eddie has kissed a girl. Beverly. They kissed at one of Bill's friend gatherings, they played spin the bottle, Eddie only playing once and the only person he got was Beverly. She was his first kiss, he wouldn't have said that he didn't enjoy it, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. But he's always thought a kiss would feel more magical then that, so now he only suspects that the only real magic, comes from a kiss shared between someone you love.

"Yeah."

"Wow, Eddie, getting the chicks all over the place." Richie punches his arm playfully.

Eddie laughed. "Only one, not, like, ten."

"Who was the lucky gal?"

"Bev."

"What? Beverly?!"

"Yeah, spin the bottle."

"Have you... kissed a boy?"

"No, have you?"

"No." Richie pushed his glasses up. "Wanna try it?"

"What?"

"We can kiss, but just to see if we actually like boys."

"But we're best friends."

"You and Bev are friends."

"Steve is right there." Eddie pointed at the sleeping boy.

"We can go in the bathroom, in case he wakes up."

Secretly, Richie wanted to kiss Eddie, and Eddie wanted to kiss Richie.

Richie was hoping, by them kissing, maybe it could lead to a hot make out session in the bathroom. Possibly turning into a relationship.

Eddie wanted them to kiss so maybe they could be in a relationship as well, but at the moment, he thought this kiss would be for experimenting and experimenting only.

"Okay..."

Richie and Eddie climbed out of the bed, sliding the bathroom door open. They both walked inside, Richie closed the door, locking it.

"I'm nervous." Eddie mumbled.

"It's okay, there's nothing to worry about. I've kissed many of girls."

"Wow, okay, not helping." Eddie's hands and legs shook with anxiousness.

"Okay, so, um," Richie walked closer to Eddie. "This is a bit awkward but it's okay."

Richie looked down at Eddie as he got closer to him.

"Do you want me to sit on the counter? You're pretty tall." Eddie asked.

"Sure, I don't care."

Eddie walked over to the counter, pulling himself up. Richie walked over to him, placing himself in between Eddie's legs. Richie grabbed Eddie's hands, placing them on his bare shoulders.

"If you don't want to do this, just pull away."

Eddie nodded.

Richie places his hands on Eddie's hips, as he turned his head a bit to the right and started to slowly lean in.

"Are you sure about this, Rich?" Eddie asked, leaning back a bit. "What if this ruins our friendship?"

"It's just a kiss, Eds." Richie laughed.

"I know, it's just... I'm still nervous."

"You'll be fine, just don't talk."

"Okay."

Richie leaned in again, hovering over Eddie's lips. Then he pressed their lips together. They stayed like that for a moment, Richie opened his eyes to see Eddie's closed. Richie smiled a bit into the kiss and then began to move his lips, Eddie following.

Eddie's loose hands began to slide their way up to Richie's neck, as Richie wrapped his arms around Eddie's back and pulled him closer.

They kept kissing, sending sparks through both of them. This was how Eddie thought a kiss should feel like, and now he knows, he might like Richie as something more than a friend.

Neither were pulling away, Eddie brushed his fingers on the back of Richie's glasses. He grabbed them, removing them from Richie's face, pulling back a bit. Richie opened his eyes, thinking the kiss was over, till Eddie kissed him again.

It lasted for a few more minutes, then Eddie pulled away.

"Wow, I'm definitely into boys." Eddie said, breathing heavy.

Richie laughed. "Same."

"Now what?"

"Wanna do it again?"

Eddie laughed. "What? Richie, we aren't dating or anything, we're friends. And I have school in the morning."

"It's only seven thirty you wuss."

"Do you just want to kiss me again? Am I that much of a good kisser?"

"You wish, Kaspbrak."

"No way! You wish, Wheeler."

Eddie placed a quick kiss to Richie's lips, then hopped off the counter.

Richie sighed, then followed him over to the bed.

"Goodnight, Richie." Eddie whispered as Richie laid down beside him.

"Goodnight, Eddie spaghetti."

-

The time is now twelve, Richie is still awake, he's watching whatever shows roll on. Eddie is past out.

Richie loved the kiss he shared with Eddie, he never thought Eddie would ever have agreed with that. But yet, he did, and that made Richie's insides melt.

Eddie was the only boy that had ever made Richie feel like this, and he wanted to feel like this all the time. He loved the feeling of being in love with Eddie Kaspbrak.