Sneaking in through Eddie's window

134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Saturday April 20th 1990
9:23 pm

Eddie began liking Richie a few weeks ago, so recent.

-

134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Tuesday April 13th 1990
4:05 pm

Eddie had just got off the phone with Richie Tozier, he held the conversation of how Max decided to smack talk a bully at their school by the name of Troy. Eddie smiled, hanging up the phone. Eddie walked down the stairs, he saw his mother, Sonia Kaspbrak, sitting in her usually Lazy Boy chair, watching a game show and guessing the answer. She darted her eyes over to her son.

"Eddie bear?"

"Yes, mommy?" He asked, now off the stairs and in front of the arch way to the living room.

"Is something wrong dear? Are you feeling okay?" Eddie pursed his lips-his way of showing attitude that his mother wouldn't notice- and shook his head. "What are you doing?"

"Can I have something to eat?" He asked.

"Oh, oh of course, Eddie." She got off her chair in a rush and ran into the kitchen. Eddie following behind her, rolled his eyes. "Here, have a Bear Paw, super soft and won't cut your little mouth." She reached up, grabbing the banana flavoured Bear Paws, the only ones he was allowed to have. She gently took it out of the wrapper and gave it to Eddie. "There you go dear." She smiled, placing a kiss on his cheek.

He sat down and ate his Bear Paw.

-

134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Tuesday April 13th 1990
8:45 pm

Eddie got his pajamas on and climbed into bed, staring at the ceiling.

Imagine all the fun Richie and I will have.He thought picturing them swimming, buying ice cream, going to the movies and doing all the fun things Derry had-which wasn't much-. I wonder how he looks... I bet he does look cute... really cute. Eddie furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. No, no, no Eddie, you don't like boys, that's not okay. He kept imagining the Richie he imagined with him, holding hands, kissing, hugging.

He shot up out of his bed. No, stop Eddie. He sighed, running a hand through his fluffy brown hair. Of course it would be Richie that he'd like, the boy he's known for so long and yet he's never actually met him.

His feelings would always have to be hidden. Always hidden feelings.

-

134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Saturday April 20th, 1990
9:24pm

They heard the squeak of a door, both heads snapping towards Eddie's, seeing a bright light under.

"It's my mom, get under the bed. Go!" He whispered. Richie nodded, getting on his hands and knees and pushing his weight under the bed. Eddie crawled under his covers, facing the window. Richie saw the door open and chubby ankles balanced by feet wrapped in purple slippers. She walked over to the bed, touching Eddie night stand and opening a drawer.

Richie knew about the placebos, just not how much. He could hear the rattling of pill bottles. He could hear the mumble of her counting, then it was a whisper, faint, but manageable to hear.

"Goodnight, Eddie bear." A smooch then she walked out, closing the door gently.

Richie climbed out from under the bed, throwing himself backwards onto Eddie's bed, right beside him, making sure not to hit the boy.

"Eddie bear." Richie chuckled.

Eddie rolled over, hitting Richie gently. "Shut up." Eddie laughed.

Richie put his hands behind his head, staring up at the roof, till he felt a hand touch his face. He turned to Eddie who rubbed his pointer finger along Richie's magnified glasses.

"I didn't think you'd have glasses." Eddie whispered.

"I have contacts, I could wear them tomorrow."

Eddie shook his head. "No, no, I like them."

Eddie knew how self-conscious Richie was, he didn't want to make him feel insecure about his glasses.

He rubbed his hand down Richie's face, caressing his cheek. "I didn't think you'd look like this." Eddie smiled, examining Richie's face.

"I didn't think you'd look like you either." Richie smiled.

*•.¸.¸.•*

Gosh this is a shorter chapter because I couldn't think of anything else to put here, it's such an awkward scene haha.