Shopping in Derry

Street Diner, Derry, Maine
Sunday April 21 1990
10:18am

Eddie decided to take Richie, Mike, Jane, and Max out for breakfast, having Ben and Bill tag along. Derry had a lot of cute little diners throughout the town, but the Street Diner was closer to Wally's Motel. He wanted them to be able to just cross the street and have a nice place to eat instead of walking around a town they didn't know.

So there they sat, Eddie, Richie, Ben, and Max on one side, and Bill, Mike, and Jane on the other.

"So, Billy boy, the sleepover is at your house, correct?" Richie asked, looking through a menu.

"Yes." Bill replied. "I-I can give you g-guys t-the address l-later."

"You live beside Eds." Richie said.

"N-not anymore. I moved t-three weeks ago."

"Oo, what's the eggs benedict?" Jane asked.

"Have you never had an eggs benedict?" Max asked.

"No."

"It's not that great." Eddie shrug.

"I can agree with you there, Edward." 

"So, should I not get it?" Jane asked, looking up at the group.

"Do whatever you want, Jane." Ben smiled.

"I'll keep looking."

-

"Hello, could I start you guys off with a drink?" The waiter asked, opening his notepad.

"Hi, i'd like just a water." Ben smiled.

"I'll have the... strawberry smoothie." Max rubbed her chin.

Once everyone ordered their drinks, they ordered their food. Jane decided to ask if they sold any Eggos which the answer was no, but a pancake could replace that for the time being. The group talked about what they'd do all day, not deciding on much. Everyone said Eddie and Mike (H) would meet at Wally's Motel to lead the group to Bill's new house.

-

Wally's Motel, Derry, Maine
Sunday April 21 1990
1:07pm

Beverly walked into the motel, hearing the chime of the overhead bell. There at the counter sat Drew who typed away on the boxy computer.

"Hello, are the Wheelers here?" She asked with a smile, stuffing her hands in her blue jeans pocket.

"Yup, rooms nine and ten." He replied, eyes still glued to the screen.

She walked up the stairs, turning a few corners before spotting the rooms. She knocked on one door, not knowing which one Max and Jane stayed in.

"Hello?" Max asked, opening the door.

"Oh, hi. This one is your room?"

"No, this is Mike and Richie's room. We're watching Saved By The Bell." Max smiled. "Do you want Richie?"

"No, I thought that maybe you and Jane would like to go shopping with me for things for Bill's sleepover tonight."

"Sure, we'd love to!" Max said, opening the door for Beverly. "Jane, wanna go shopping?"

"Sure!" She hopped off the ground, picking up her sweater and following the two out the door.

-

The three walked down aisle after aisle, Jane was now pushing the cart that had four items. Eggos, chips, and some punch. The punch was just an illusion, apparently Bill's father had a liquor cabinet and he was gonna sneak just one bottle.

Jane was confused with the whole situation, she's had one sleepover with Richie and Max and never had they gone out to but snacks and drinks like they were throwing a party. But then again, there would be a lot of people, it probably could be considered a party. Plus, Beverly and Bill had a lot more friends then her, so of course they'd need all this snacks.

The three could usually survive off chips and one jug of soda, but Beverly seemed to be buying a lot, basically every kind of chips, almost five bottles of soda and some candies.

"This should be enough." She said, looking at the basket.

"Do you have enough money for all this?" Max asked.

"Yeah, Bill gave me some money and I had some." 

They walked up to the counter, Beverly grabbed a pack of smokes.

"You smoke?" Jane asked.

"Yeah, is that okay? I'll put them back."

"No, no. It's fine, Richie smokes too." Jane smiled.

"Really? Does Eddie know?"

"I don't know, why?"

"He's not to fond of the idea, he shouldn't care much, but whatever."

-

They paid for everything and then Beverly began walking towards Bill's.

"Do you guys wanna come with me and help set up, or do you want to go back to the motel?"

"We'll come with you." Max answered, hopping on her board.

"Okay, follow me then."

*•.¸♡.♡¸.•*  

Hello, this is another short chapter only because I have somewhere to be soon, but I said i'd post yesterday but my computer was going through updates and my phone is something I can't write on. I hope you liked this though.