Telling Bill Denbrough

Derry, Maine
Thursday May 9th 1990
7:58 am

Richie and Eddie walked down the streets of Derry. They broke away from each other when Steve came out of the bathroom exclaiming how if Eddie didn't hurry out, he'd miss school. They were pretty silent, both finding them kissing twice awkward. The school was pretty close to Wally's considering how small the town was.

The streets were bare over where the walked, no homes roamed over here so no kids were in their way to school. So Richie and Eddie walked in silence.

"Richie..." Eddie whispered, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"What?" Richie looked over and Eddie who's eyes were glued to the sidewalk. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"I kissed you again."

"So?"

"We're supposed to be friends, Rich, friends don't do that." Eddie stopped walking, his tiny hands gripped to the straps of his backpack. "Friends don't kiss each other like we did. Friends don't watch the other get changed."

Richie's face went red at that statement.

"Friends are supposed to be like a sibling, and siblings for sure don't kiss."

"Eds, calm down." Richie tried.

Eddie's knuckles were turning white at how tight he was holding the straps of his bag. He had tears in his eyes for no reason, there was no reason for him to cry, but he wanted to.

"Richie, we can't be best friends."

Richie's eyes widened. Was he loosing his best friend? Did Eddie not want to be friends with him? Richie's throat became dry, as his stomach sank. He couldn't loose Eddie.

"What are you saying, Eddie? Are we not friends anymore?"

"We are friends, Richie. This is just confusing me. It's confusing me so much and I don't like it." A tear rolled down Eddie's cheek. "I've never felt this way, Rich, I've never felt the way I feel towards you. I don't know what this feeling is, but I don't think I should feel this about you, my best friend."

Eddie wiped his cheeks. Richie want to grab the boy, bringing him into a tight hug, reassuring him that he was okay. He had no idea what Eddie was feeling, but it was hurting him to see him crying and freaking out over it.

"I want the feeling to go away, but I also don't. I like how it feels, but it scares me, Richie." His voice was now down to a whisper, tears still slowly coming out of his brown eyes.

Richie stepped forward, wrapping his arms around the boys shoulders, Eddie gripping his torso.

The two stood in the middle of the sidewalk, Eddie silently crying in Richie's arms as Richie was rubbing his head in a soothing way.

"Eddie, it's okay. Everything will be fine." Richie whispered. "We'll always be best friends, Eds, no matter what that feeling is or what it's doing."

"Are you sure?"

"I promise. There's nothing in the entire world to make me hate you or not want you as a best friend."

"Thank you, Chee." Eddie whispered into Richie's chest.

"No problem, sweetie. Now let's get you to school, you're late."

Eddie pulled out of the hug, checking his watch and realizing just how late he was.

-

Derry Area Middle School, Derry, Maine
Thursday May 9th 1990
8:19 am

Eddie waved goodbye to Richie as he entered the empty halls, all the students being in class. He walked over to where his History class was. Sadly he didn't have that class with Ben, his friend that craved the historical moments. But instead it was with Bill.

Eddie opened the door, seeing all the students working on an assigned project. Eddie walked over to where him and Bill's desk were.

"Hey, Bill." Eddie said, taking off his bag and sitting beside him.

"Eddie! W-why were you l-late?"

"Slept in." He shrugged. "What are we working on."

"We're supposed t-to research about b-big moments in t-the past that h-has had a b-big impact on u-us." He rolled his eyes. "We can b-be partners!"

"Okay." He smiled. "Oh, Bill?"

"Y-yeah?"

"After this period is over, can I speak with you?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks."

-

Eddie grabbed Bill's wrist, dragging him into the bathrooms.

Beverly once told Eddie that if he ever wanted to tell a secret bathrooms weren't the best. Because girls would always be in them talking about their own drama and being all ears for someone else's. But boys were never in the bathrooms unless it was for actually using it, so Eddie didn't have to worry about that.

"I-is something wrong, E-Eddie."

"Bill, you know I hate when you stutter my name." Eddie spoke, walking up to each stall and making sure no one was in them.

"It's not m-my fault."

So, knowing that Eddie was positive about liking boys, he had to tell his friends. He decided that maybe one at a time would be better. So he started off with his other best friend.

"Okay," he walked up to Bill. "I need to tell you a secret."

"Okay?"

Eddie took in a deep breath. "I'm gay."

Bill look shocked. Sure, Eddie dressed more softer then any boy he's known, but he wouldn't have taken him as a guy who likes the same gender. But, Bill didn't care, he even knew who he thought the boy was who turned him gay. But he wouldn't mention it right now.

Instead, he smile. "I-I'm very happy y-you told me." He hugged Eddie, causing him to smile.

"Thank god you don't hate me."

"I-I could never. H-have you told t-the others?"

"No."

"Richie?"

"Yeah."

"W-what if we h-have a sleepover o-on Saturday and y-you can tell t-them there?"

"That'd be good, can Richie come?"

"Of c-course."

-

When lunch time came around, the Losers sat in their usual spot, Richie arriving a few minutes after. They sat around telling stories and drama about their classes, Richie tried to do a cartwheel after seeing Beverly do it, and Bill invited everyone over for a sleepover.

"As long as we're not going in that creepy house again, I'm down." Richie smiled.

*•.¸.¸.•*

Hi, so I saw the comment about wanting smut, and I guess I could write it. I've never wrote smut before so if it's bad, I'm sorry.

I'm probably gonna update a few more chapters today because I'm super bored.