Everything I Wanted To Tell You

Pace University, New York New York
September 4th 1994
7:31 am

It was the last day of Jane, Mike, Richie, Dustin, and Max being in New York. It was a fun time for everyone but Richie. The last few days here he'd been all sad and alone after Vanessa's break up, he hadn't left Lucas and Ivy's room since. Other than thinking about Vanessa's "better" sex, he'd also been thinking about what Eddie had said two days ago, and how dumb he was after hearing it. He'd lay on Lucas' bed or sit on the couch replaying the scene in his head over and over.

He'd been so embarrassed by his actions that when everyone would go over to Skylar's and Eddie's, he would just stay there. In his opinion he was acting like a baby, like a little bitch. Tom is still missing, and he's worried that what he said to Eddie was a problem. He hadn't heard from Issac either, but he never really talked to him anyway. Eddie had been gone most of the day yesterday looking for Tom with Issac, so Richie should've been at Skylar's anyway.

Today, their plane leaves at 8:07 pm, so everyone was planning on going out for dinner tonight. Richie was hidden in Lucas' room with Ivy. She had caught a cold and couldn't go. Everyone else was out helping Issac, except for Skylar, he ran out to buy some medicine for Ivy, then he'd come back here. He still hadn't apologized even though Tom was been missing for three days.

-

Pace University, New York New York
September 2nd
7:32 pm

"No.. I don't hate you... I still love you." Richie lifted his head off Eddie shoulders, making eye contact with the shorter.

"You what?" He asked.

"I-... nothing."

"You still love me?" Richie let go of the embrace, he backed away a bit. Eddie dropped his arms to his side, looking down, his face red. "How could you still love me after what I did to you? How could you still love me when you don't even know me anymore. You don't love me, Eddie. You can't love someone you know nothing about."

"I'm sorry..?" He said, coming out more of a question. He still hadn't looked up. "I don't love you then."

"That's not-... I'm sorry, I'm being a douche, it's just-"

"I'm trying to make you feel better over your bitch girlfriend, and you don't even believe what I'm saying." Eddie said, not in a snappy, mad tone. More like and annoyed one. "It's just.. I thought I'd never see you again, Richie. Then you walk right into that cafe and my heart skips beats... like it did before. I found out from Lucas you're dating someone, so even though I was falling for you all over again in the matter of a week, I held it in. Then you show how toxic that girl is and how she's destroying you, and somehow I was there for you when Max, Jane, or Mike should've been. It was like you were just trying to make my heart yours again. And now here you are, heartbroken, and I'm here trying to tell you that I do know you. You told me all this week. Lucas had told me about you, and now you're pushing me away. You don't have to like me back, but you don't have to tell me that I don't know that I love you."

"Eddie... I'm sorry. Please don't hate me, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I'm sorry..." Then Issac had walked in, eyes the same as Richie's.

"They don't know where he is, Eddie!" And that's when Richie made eye contact with Issac then back to Eddie. "Oh... I'm sorry. I'll leave."

"No. It's fine." Eddie stopped him. Richie looked once more into Eddie's heartbroken eyes, then at Issac's terrified face. He wasn't Eddie's friend anymore, and he didn't know Eddie. He looked down at the floor as he walked out the room.