Hurt

134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Monday June 10th 1992
4:02 pm

Richie and Eddie have gotten into fights before, fights over silly things. Things like, who will drive down to see each other, or, cancelling plans because of stuff, or, bad habits. Like previously said, they've been dating for three years, so of course they'll have their ups and downs.

"Richie, I can't drive down there." Eddie sighed.

"I can't fucking drive back down there again."

Eddie didn't even have his drivers license, his mom wouldn't allow him too. He's sixteen and his mom still treats him like a baby. Richie got his license last year, and as soon as he got them, him, Mike, Jane, and Max drove down to Derry.

"I have an exam next week, I have to go and study. I'm not missing school to go down there."

"Then I guess this month is cancelled to then, huh? What's the point in trying if we can never see each other anymore? There's no fucking point."

"I have two weeks left, you can wait till then I'll get Mike to drive me down." Eddie replied.

"No."

"What do you mean, no?"

"Don't come down."

"Richie why are you acting like this?"

"Because I'm sick of this, Eddie. I haven't seen you in three months. I don't think this is gonna work out anymore."

Eddie stayed silent as his body froze, his heart started beating extremely fast, he palms became a shaky and sweaty mess, and his mouth went dry.

"I'm sorry, Eds... but I-... I just think we're drifting apart." His voice was softer now.

Eddie's eyes began to water, as he swallowed the big lump in his throat. "Yeah..."

"Eddie, don't cry..."

"What the fuck do you mean don't cry? You just broke up with me, Richie. I love you and you just took my heart and shattered it because you can't wait two fucking weeks." Eddie then slammed the phone into its holder, as he cupped his face.

He sobbed as his salty tears hit his soft palms. Richie was gone. Their relationship was over. No more words would be said. Eddie's knees went weak as he collapsed onto his carpeted floor.

The door opened, as tiny steps made their way towards Eddie.

"Eddie? What's wrong?" Georgie asked, looking down on the crying boy.

Eddie sniffled, then wiped his tears away.

"N-nothing. I just... hit my leg."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yes, I'm fine." He stood up, smiling at the boy.

After the event with his mom attacking Richie, he's been living with Bill. When he got back to Derry and was thrown into his room with knee bruises and cuts, he grabbed the phone hidden under his bed and called the police, who soon arrived and took Sonia into prison. Sonia wouldn't be in jail long though, considering they didn't have much proof. But for the week, he's been with the Denbrough's. He collected his things, called Richie, called Bill, then headed off. Richie was always his number one. Always. And now, he was gone, he's left from Eddie's life.

-

2530 Maple Street, Hawkins, Indiana
Monday June 10th 1992
4:27 pm

Richie gently put the phone down, he sat in silence staring at his phone. He brought his hands up and rubbed his eyes.

"Holy fuck... what the hell did I just do?" He mumbled to himself. He started to cry, not in heavy amounts, just little drops that rolled down. He got up, walking out of the room, straight into Mike's.

"Hey!" He turned toward the door. "Richie how many fucking times do I have to tell you to know?"

Richie closed the door, walking over to sit beside Mike.

"What's wrong?"

Richie looked at his hands, watching as he played with a loose thread on Mike's comforter. Richie began to choke out cries.

"I-I broke up with h-him, Mike. I don't know why-y I did it, I-I feel so bad, I didn't m-mean to hurt him."

Mike looked at Richie, shocked. He then wrapped his arms around him, while Richie sobbed into the softness of Mike's sweater.

"I s-shouldn't have done t-that. I wasn't thinking, I-I was j-just so f-frustrated. He'll never w-want to talk to me ag-gain."

Richie squeezer Mike, as he rubbed his back soothingly.

"We used to t-y'all everyday, and now h-he'll never say a-a-a word to me."

"Shh, Richie, you don't know that. Just...
Give him a few days, then call him again. But, keep everything normal, like how you two would usually talk. Or maybe, express that you didn't mean anything you said, and that you don't want to be broken up..."

"Mike, you don't understand, he won't answer my calls, he won't want to talk to me. He told me I-I-I broke his heart. I-I'm such a terrible person. I didn't m-mean to make him cry. I l-love him."