Years From Now

134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Sunday June 9th 1992
4:34 pm

Richie and Eddie have been together for three years now, they still call each other at the same time everyday. They travel to see each other whenever the other has time, but time hasn't been on their side recently.

Eddie hasn't gotten his license yet, his mother won't allow it. He can't drive out to see Richie unless one of his friends are willing to take him. Which is barely ever, no one wants to drive that far.

Richie, has his license and drives up every second weekend. But now with that year coming to an end, Eddie can't have Richie down there and Richie can't drive there.

Bill, Beverly, and Eddie sat at his kitchen table, his mother was out at work, that's the only reason why the two are allowed over.

The three sit at the table doing homework while Bill munches on chips, potato chips to be exact.

"Holy shit, do you guys have the answer for question seventeen?" Beverly groans, slamming her pencil on the wooden table.

"Uh.. seventeen? Yeah, it's three hundred and seventy five." Eddie replies looking off his sheet of paper.

"So, what exam do you guys first next week?" Beverly asked, taking a chip out of Bill's hand.

"Science." Eddie groaned. "Do you guys wanna walk down to the gas station or something?"

"T-the gas station?" Bill questioned.

"Yeah. When Richie was last here, we went there around... midnight and bought these really good chocolatey snacks."

"Yes! Anything is better than sitting here and working on this." Beverly sighed.

The three stood up, collecting their shoes and scurrying out the door.

"S-speaking of Richie, w-when are you t-two seeing each o-other again?" Bill asked.

"Well... probably not till after exams. He's also been grumpy lately."

"Grumpy?"

"Yeah. He asks about when we can see each other, I tell him not till I'm not studying and taking tests, he gets all mad and his tone becomes annoyed. Then, our call is basically over."

"If he's getting so mad over it, why doesn't he just come out here?" Beverly asks.

"I've asked, and he says things about him not being able to, or him being busy."

"But I-if he's complaining a-about you not g-going down to s-see him for s-school reasons, why d-don't you complain a-about his effort?"

"I don't know... he gets mad easily, I don't want him to get mad at me or anything." Eddie shrugged, kicking a rock.

"He gets mad at you?" Beverly looked over at Eddie.

"Sometimes. He just yells, though. He's... different now. And he only yells when you get him angry."

They soon reached the gas station, they walked inside, venturing the isles to find the chocolates Eddie speaks of.

"Do you guys talk to any of his friends?" Eddie asks.

"I talk with Jane sometimes." Beverly says, picking up a pack of Nerds.

"I-I don't talk w-with them. L-long distance."

"These!" Eddie turns to the two, holding up a bag that reads 'Chocolate Pastry' on the front. The treat was a single package that would contain little pieces of croissants covered with a bit of chocolate.

"Oh, I've had these before." Beverly said.

-
134 Neibolt Street, Derry, Maine
Sunday June 9th 1992
6:18pm

Eddie sat in his room, Richie was supposed to call him two hours ago, so he sat at his desk, studying and waiting for the call. His mom was once again working nights, and he still had the habit of staying up all night till she got home.

Soon, the yellow phone began to ring, Eddie was quick to reach for it and place it to his ear.

"Richie?" He asked.

"Hey, Eds. Sorry I called so late."

"Was something wrong, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I was just busy. So, how are you?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"I'm okay. How was your day?"

"It was pretty boring. I studied with Bill and Bev, and we went to the gas station and bought those things we had that one time. Then we came home, and studied till Bev had to leave. How was yours?"

"Boring too, I went down to my dads, I was forced." Richie let a chuckle.

"Was it fun?"

"It was okay, could've been better. He still doesn't..." Richie sighed.

"I know."

"It's not your fault though, not at all. He's fucked up, he shouldn't care about my feelings. I love you."

Eddie smiled. "I love you too."

*•.¸.¸.•*

Hey everyone! Sorry this is short, I just wanted to give a chapter! Next weeks chapter will be the normal 1,000 + words. But for now this is what y'all get.

- Ryleigh