The Party

2530 Maple Street, Hawkins, Indiana
Saturday July 6th 1990
7:30 pm

At around five, Mike (W) was able to get Stanley and Mike (H) out of the house. Richie told everyone about the surprise party, so they helped decorate while Mike (W) distracted the two unknowing.

The group set up all the decorations, set out food and drinks, and put music on the boom box.

"Hey, Eds," Richie said, waving Eddie over. "Look what I bought, just for you~"

Richie showed him the costume of the cop, waving it around.

"No."

"Oh, come on! Please! It'll make the party better." He winked.

"No."

"What? Are you to embarrassed to be a short, sexy cop in front of all your friends?"

Eddie's faces turned red as he looked back at his friends. "N-no. But I'm still not doing it."

Richie rolled his eyes. "I guess we'll have a private thing." He kissed Eddie's cheek and walked away.

-

Hawk, Hawkins Indiana
Saturday July 6th 1990
8:13 pm

Mike (W), Stanley, and Mike (H) had just finished watching a movie. Mike (W) thought this would be a great way to distract them while everyone was setting up the party.

Thankfully, this time, Mike (W) had informed his mom about the party, so, even though she'd be home, they wouldn't get in trouble.

The Hawk was a fair walk away from the Wheeler residence, so off they went. Hopefully the party would be done.

"So, that was a good movie." Mike (H) said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. Thanks for taking us." Stanley said towards Mike (W).

-
2530 Maple Street, Hawkins, Indiana
Saturday July 6th 1990
8:12 pm

The boys can home, seeing the house nicely decorated. The others were sat in the living room.

"What's this?" Stanley asked.

"A party!" Jane yelled. "For you two!"

"Why? You guys didn't have to." Mike (H) said, looking at the group.

"I know we didn't have to, but we wanted to." She replied.

"I got you guys a present." Max said, standing up.

"Max, I said no gifts." Beverly sighed.

"We all got them gifts..." Will mumbled.

"I got a big one." Richie winked.

Everyone went to get their gifts, making Stanley and Mike (H) sit down to revive them.

"Okay, okay! Mine first!" Jane yelled, running in with two boxes nice wrapped in pink wrapping paper. "Here you go."

"Thanks, Jane. But you really-" Mike (H) began.

"Open it!"

They each opened the boxes seeing a pair of shiny silver binoculars and new camera.

"Ben told me you like to bird watch, and, you take really good pictures so I got you a new camera."