Being Drunk

34 Witcham Street, Derry, Maine
Saturday May 11th 1990
6:30 pm

Richie and Eddie had began their walk to Bill's house, Steve deciding that since their out and about, he'll be going to the local pub.

Eddie's stomach was full of butterflies with the thought of telling his friends about him liking the same gender. He knew that they probably wouldn't care, but it was still a nerve racking thing.

Eddie began to think if they disowned him, he knew Bill was fine with his decision, but he wasn't sure about his other friends. His breathing began to become ragged, he grabbed his inhaler out of his hoodie pocket.

He opened the cap, shaking it a bit before placing it between his lips.

"What's wrong?" Richie asked.

Eddie just shook his head, taking in the medicine.

Once he felt able to speak again, he did. "I-I'm just n-nervous about telling them..."

"There's no need to worry, Eddie spaghetti, they love you. And you liking guys won't change that."

"I know, but I keep thinking of all the bad stuff."

"It's okay, if they don't enjoy your preference, we'll leave. I'll tell them with you." Richie grabbed his free hand.

Eddie nodded. "Okay."

-

They walked up the front porch, knock twice on the door. Soon Sharon, Bill's mom, opened the door.

"Oh, hello Eddie. Who's this?" She asked.

"This is Richie, he just moved here." He lied. "Is anyone here yet?"

"Just Bill and Stan, they're in the basement." She smiled, letting them inside.

"Thank you ma'am." Richie said, smiling back.

The two walked down the stairs, hearing Stan and Bill's laughter. Once they entered the same room, they saw their faces close together, till the jumped away.

"Oh, h-hi guys." Stanley stuttered.

"Hello to you too." Richie smirked, Stanley rolled his eyes. "So, you're parents are gonna be here all night?"

"Yeah, b-but it's not l-like they stay u-up all night."

"Clearly, B-b-b-bill."

"S-shut up!" Bill yelled, grabbing a small pillow and throwing it at him.

"Oh, guys! Look what I bought at the store today!" Stanley yelled, grabbing his bag and pulling out a bottle of whiskey.

"What the fuck?! How the hell did you get that Staniel?" Richie awed.

"I bought it."

"No duh." Richie rolled his eyes.

"And the guy let you buy that? You're underage!" Eddie yelled.

"I know, but he didn't care. Or maybe he thought I was older than how I actually am?"

"He d-didn't ask for a-a ID?"

"Nope! I walked up to the register and he looked at me, then scanned the bottle."

"Why would you even buy that?" Eddie asked.

"Well, we're teenagers, and teenagers drink and have fun!"

"We're f-fourteen." Bill mentioned.

"Not all of us, Bev and you are both fifteen."