An 11 Call

2530 Maple Street, Hawkins, Indiana
Monday April 29th 1990
11:11pm

Richie ran over to the phone that sat on his dresser, throwing his bag to the corner of the room. He felt like shit, he didn't call Eddie yesterday because he got home early and spent the whole day asleep. Then today, he had a study group with Max and Jane that lasted forever.

He dialed Eddie's number, not caring that it was eleven at night.

"Hello?" A quiet voice asked, raspy with sleep. Richie smiled to himself.

"Hi."

"Richie, what the fuck. It's eleven o'clock!"

"I'm sorry! But I felt bad for not talking with you today or yesterday."

"It's okay," Eddie yawned. "How was your day, Rich?"

"Fairly entertaining. What about you, m'lady?" He asked, switching into a French accent.

"Shitty."

"Why? What happened?" Richie asked, his smile fading. Eddie never told Richie about his bad days unless they were really bad. If Eddie was having a bad day and Richie asked how his day was going, he'd reply with a small 'Fine', instead of saying the truth.

"Nothing, don't worry about it."

Richie groaned. "Eddie, tell me."

"I just got a little bit beaten up today, that's all. The usual, ya know?"

"What? No! Does this happen often?"

"Yes, Richie. It does." Eddie spoke.

"What the fuck. Why didn't you tell me while I was there? I could've beaten the shit outta this bastard!"

"Richie, calm down. It's fine, the Loser's and I can deal with it."

"The Loser's? This prick knocks them up too?" Richie sighed. "You have to put him into place, Eds."

"I can't, Richie. I'm to... weak." Eddie cried a bit, the memories of what Henry told him flooding back into his mind.

"No, no. Eddie, don't cry."

"I'm not, "He sniffled. "I'm fine."

"Eddie, you're not weak. You could slam this man to the ground if you tried."

"No I can't. Don't feed me lies, Richie."

"I'm not, I'm handing you the full truth."

"Can we just stop talking about this?"

"Yeah."

-

2530 Maple Street, Hawkins, Indiana
Tuesday April 30th 1990
8:09am

"Richie, it's eight. I should be at school right now!" Eddie yelled into the phone.

"Yeah, but you aren't."

"You should be at school too!"

"Yeah, well, Mike's having a fucking fit over his dumb project thingy." Richie laughed at his brother who was trying to resculpt the clay that fell over last night, even though, the clay was hard.

"Okay, well, I have to go. If my mom comes home early and sees me still here, she'll have an aneurysm. Bill fucking already left."

"Sorry, sorry. Leave then. But call me at four."

"Got it."

"Also, if that fucktard tries to punch you, punch him first."

"I heard to not throw the first punch."