Before Party Edvents

StarCourt Mall, Hawkins, Indiana
Tuesday July 2nd 1990
10:45 am

Beverly decided to go to the store to buy some things for their party tonight, she of course took Max and Jane-since they were basically very good friends- and Eddie. Beverly has been to two parties before, one was at Greta's house, no invitations needed. She went with Stanley.

The Jew seems to be a boy who'd be boring, he used to be that is, but since his teenage years hit him, he's became rebellious. Max and Jane had only been to parties that were really just hanging out with Richie and a few kids from school.

Eddie would never disrespect his mom and go to a place we're sweaty body's would be pressed together, drugs could be used, and alcohol could kill. So instead, he would stay home or hang out with his friends who have slowly lost their innocence. Not that he has anything to say about innocence anymore.

Max and Jane showed them to the best store for all the essentials.

"Okay, so, I have a list." Beverly said, fishing out a piece of paper from her black dress pocket. "Okay, so, there's four of us so we can probably get this done quickly. Since you and Max know most about this place, one of you will come with me, the other with Eddie. Deal?"

"Yup." Jane nodded.

"Okay, Max, come along." Beverly motioned. She would say that out of Jane and Max, she liked Max a bit more. Probably because they were almost similar. Jane was too soft for Beverly, while Max had the vibes that she liked. "Also," Beverly ripped the list in half, handing one piece to Jane. "There."

Beverly and Max began their way, laughing at something already. Jane read over the list. "I would how much people will actually come." She laughed as she led the way.

"Wouldn't there be a lot? Don't teenagers like parties?" Eddie asked.

"Well, apparently, but it's Mike and Richie."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Eddie laughed.

"Well... People don't really like them. They call Richie a-"

"A Trashmouth, I know. But what about Mike?"

"Mike is considered a nerd, no kid wants to hang out with a nerd. And I'm not saying that to be mean."

"I know what you mean."

"And if anyone would be going, it's gonna be mostly girls."

"Why?"

"Not to make you mad or anything, but all the girls drool over Richie."

"But you just said he's a trashmouth."

"And he is, but girls somehow find that attractive."

The two entered a shop that sold party decorations, walking around to find balloons and lights.

"Should I be worried, Jane?" Eddie asked.

"Well, I would like to say no but... this one girl, Samantha, she's like obsessed with him. My dad once told her parents that she was stalking him."

"Was she?"

"Yes! One time, we were in the basement and we were watching a movie. Max has gone to the bathroom and we were watching this fight scene and he was getting mad at some guy and then we see a flash," She picked up a box of lights. "We turned towards the window and saw her hiding in the bush, with a camera."

"She took a photo of him?!"

"Yes! She's also highly insane! She knows the combination to his locker, one time we were running late for English because we went to the diner for lunch, and we came back and she was inside his locker."