The Flour Dump

34 Witcham Street, Derry, Maine
Sunday April 21st 1990
6:17pm

The group sat in Bill Denbrough's living room. The rain tapping against the window gently. They sat there, watching a new episode of Saved By The Bell, a show Max, Jane, Mike (W), and Richie really enjoyed. Stanley wasn't to into it. Most of the children were bored, which usually never happens at a sleepover hosted by one of Eddie's friends.

They'd either occupy themselves with movies, games, or conversations. But none of them tried to do anything. Maybe it was because Richie and his friends were there and they didn't want to make them uncomfortable with their usual activities.

Or maybe, the rain drowned out their happiness for the night.

No one could stand the silence, but yet, no one spoke up to try and get the group active. Beverly thought about things once or twice, but then the thought would disappear as she looked at Bill's boxy TV.

The silence was so tiring that Eddie's eyes would flutter shut for a few seconds, before they opened, his head falling back a bit.

The children were bored, the snacks Beverly spent all the money on, were almost gone. Causing her stomach to grumble.

Spin the bottle and truth or dare were her favourite games to play, even with her friends that she loved so dearly. She has kissed each of the losers, and she's not afraid to admit that. And they wouldn't mind playing those games because they had fun asking silly truths and giving funny dares. But she didn't know if that would be the greatest game to play with Richie, Jane, Mike, and Max. Maybe if Richie and his friends started coming around more, maybe then she'd give it a try. But for now, they sat, watching Saved By The Bell, bored.

"Guys, can we do something?" Ben asked, yawning then giggling at something funny that Samuel Powers, or Screech, said.

"Like what, Haystack? If there was something to do, don't you think we'd be doing it?" Richie asked, turning to look at him.

"True..." Ben mumbled.

"Guys, i'm sure there's something we can do." Beverly spoke.

"Yeah, but there isn't. So we'll have to suck it up and watch Richie, Jane, Mike, and Max's dumb show." Eddie sighed.

"It's not dumb." Richie bit back. "And plus, Lisa Turtle is hot as hell."

"Which ones that?" Beverly asked, looking back at the screen.

"Turtle? What the heck kind of last name is that?" Stan grumpily asked, crossing his arms and leaning back.

"And A.C Slater is smoking!" Max exclaimed.

"I don't know who they are!" Beverly yelled/

"O-okay guys, s-stop. I can't watch t-this anymore." Bill got up, picking up the TV remote and turning it off.

"What the heck, I was watching that!" Mike (W) yelled. "Also, Richie. Kelly Kapowski is way better."

"Ew, no."

"Stop talking about that dumb show!" Eddie yelled.

"Ugh, we can't even go to the quarry." Beverly complained, looking out the window.

"I want food." Mike (H) spoke.

"Well, we're running low because you guys are pigs." Beverly said.

"Wanna bake c-c-cookies?" Bill asked.

"Hell yes." Richie jumped up, following Bill into the kitchen.

"Are you joking right now? Who bakes at a sleepover?" Eddie asked, standing up.

"Them, apparently." Mike (W) answered.

Soon everyone was gathered in the kitchen, as Bill reached up to grab his mom's cookbook.

Jane sighed, from what Beverly told them-along with Richie- this sleepover was supposed to be fun. Jane was expecting party-ish games, Richie getting drunk from the liquor Bill would've toke from his parents, somehow  the sleepover turning into a bug party with every person in Derry being there. But no, instead she did what she would've done at the motel. Eat and watch Saved By The Bell.

"Okay, s-so, we have chocolate c-chip, peanut butter, s-shortbread, sugar cookies, or s-snickerdoodles." Bill listed.

"Huh, um," Richie began, realizing he wasn't paying attention.

"Let's do chocolate chip, they seem the easiest." Stan said, arms still crossed.

"Okay. Since t-there's ten of u-us. We can e-each pair up, a-and make a b-batch." Bill suggested.

"Sure, Billy boy, I call Edward." Richie agreed.

-

Soon everyone was paired, Eddie and Richie, Bill and Stanley, Max and Beverly, Mike (H) and Ben, and Jane and Mike (W).

They began their batches, having a pan, a bowel, and all the ingredients on Bill's counter that they all had to share.

"Richie, that's too much!" Eddie yelled.

"Come on, Eds. The more chocolate chips, the better!"

"We're supposed to follow the recipe!"

"It doesn't matter, it's not like adding this will explode the oven!" Richie smiled, dumping the cup of chocolate chips.

"No more!" Eddie began mixing. Richie looked of at some flour that was spread on the counter from Stanley and Bill's first batch, he looked at Eddie who was stirring, before picking up some. He then threw it at Eddie, getting it in his brown hair and some on his shoulders.

"Richie!" Eddie yelled, dropping the spoon. "What the hell was that for?!"

"You deserved it." Richie smiled.

Eddie looked over at the bag of floor, picking up the one cup and taking it over. Richie already knew what was coming for him, so he toke the one cup from Bill and Stan and prepared to attack back as Eddie walked over with a full cup of flour. He dumped it on Richie's head, turning his hair white, his shirt dusty with the solid, and his face getting covered in flour, fogging his glasses.

"Guys! Y-you're making a m-mess!" Bill yelled.

Richie ignored him as he ran over and got floor and ran towards Eddie who was laughing and and running from Richie.

"Fine don't l-listen." Bill rolled his eyes and continued to make tiny balls to put on the tray.

"Richie, i'm sorry, please don't!" Eddie put his hands up in surrender as he laughed.

"Too late for that Kaspbrak, you shouldn't have dumped a cup on me." He slowly walked forwards getting closer and getting ready to dump.

"Richie please!" He laughed, he wrapped his arms around the top of his head as a full cup of flour came flowing down. Eddie laughed and laughed, really loud, which caused Richie to laugh too. "Okay, now that we're a mess and we made a mess of Bill's kitchen, let's finish our cookies." He smiled, walking back over to the counter, dusting himself off.

Richie smiled and followed.