135| Nate x reader

Nathaniel Heywood. The historian that loves to take over all your thoughts, unfortunately during missions also which was a big problem. You tried to distract yourself but him being there always brought them back. You sat in your room thinking about the best thing to do, tell him. Your mum always told you that the best thing to do was tell someone the truth so it is what you decided to do. You took a deep breath in and headed towards the library, his usual spot on the ship.

You finally got to the library, after a slow walk there due to the nerves. The door was a little bit open so you decided to look to see if he was busy and he was. He was in there with Zari, kissing her. You took a step back, your eyes welling up. You lost him. You took too long and you lost him. You turned around to head to the kitchen when you bumped into Ray.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ray" you said, wiping the tears from your eyes. He looked at you sympathetically and brought you into a hug.

"What's wrong Y/N?" he asked

"He was never mine, but I have lost him" you croaked, tears now falling down your cheeks.

"Who?" he asked pulling you away. You sniffed and pointed into the library. H e looked into the library to see the same thing you did. He looked back at you and wrapped his arm around your shoulders and lead you towards the kitchen.

You sat with your head in your hands as Ray made you some popcorn. He looked over at you feeling so much sympathy for you. Your popcorn was done and Ray brought it over to you, placing his hand on your shoulder to help comfort you. You lift your head up and wipe the tears away.

"What is wrong with me Ray?" you ask, eating the popcorn in front of you.

"Nothing is wrong with you Y/N" Ray comforts "you are perfect, wonderful, pretty and smart" he adds. A small smile form on your face at the compliments.

"You really think that?" you ask. He nods his head and smiles, he moves closer and wraps his arm around your waist, you rested your head on his shoulder and you sat like that for a while as you ate popcorn together.

Later, you and Ray were in the same position, Nate walked into the kitchen with Zari following behind.

"Hey you two" Ray greets squeezing your waist to tell you that everything was going to be okay.

"'Sup, everything okay?" Nate asks, getting a glass of water for himself and Zari

"Yeah, everything is wonderful" you lie, tears starting to form in your eyes so you moved your head so you were looking away.

"Are you sure?" he asks, you hum a yes. You then decided to head back to your room. You stand up and squeeze Ray's shoulders,

"Thank you" you mouth, a small smile on you face, he smiles back and nods his head. That night you sat in bed watching Bridget Jones' Diary knowing you were going to be alone forever.