Chapter 17

Krist's hold tightened on his phone. Mika cleared his throat and asked: "Hey you still here?" Krist nodded and realised that Mika was not seeing him. "I am here.. It's just.. why would he go there all of a sudden, Mika?" The latter sighed: "I don't know. He looked quite determined when he dropped at my apartment. What had happened exactly at your place?" Krist glared at his floor and narrated the  catastrophic dinner of earlier. Mika gasped on the phone and said: "Dude, why are your mothers so dramatic?" Krist rolled his eyes: "I know right." Feeling how morose the omega was, Mika glanced at the clock: "Do you want to meet with me and go there?" A small silence on the other side of the phone and then Krist finally accepted the offer. He wanted to know why Singto was not taking his calls, replying to his messages. He was getting too worried to just sit there and wait. He needed to get answers.

He passed in front of his mother as he went to the door. He said: "I'll be right back. You can stay here." She said quietly: "He went away without a fight, Krist. Why are you being so stubborn?" Krist exclaimed: "He went away because you were getting upset! Don't try to make it look otherwise..please.." His mother clenched her fists as she looked at her afraid son in front of her. And this was only the start. She knew that fear. She lived with it for a while in the past. Staying at your house with the fear that maybe she forgot about you. That she got mated with another one. Because that was destined for her. Because you and her were not allowed to be together. Because you were an omega and jobless. And she was the princess and an alpha. She got up and walked to her son. She just hugged him and let him sob on her shoulder for a few minutes. She patted his back and frowned. Was she doing it right? Maybe there was hope for her son. Unlike her. 

But then she remembered how the late queen came to her and looked at her in disdain: "Who the hell are you? No one! Have you forgotten who my daughter is?? Do I have to remind you??!" And she had done exactly that later. She showed her who her daughter was, making that helpless and defenseless omega feel how really helpless she really was. She hugged her son more tightly to her and shook her head slightly. She would not let the same thing happen to him, especially now whenever she looked at her ex-lover, she swore she was looking right at the late queen. She shuddered. She leaned back and brushed Krist's tears away: "Don't be such a crybaby.. I wish I did not encourage to find an alpha for yourself.. Knowing how you always did the contrary when I told you it's time to find someone in your life.. when I saw you with him for your work, I deliberately asked you to get with him.. And I thought that would repel you.. That you would have fought against my wishes like you always did concerning this matter.. How would I have known that you would be a rebel just like me.." She kissed his forehead: "Listen to me.. whatever I did tonight was to warn him. I will stand up and defend you against anyone this time, you hear me? Even him if the need arises." Seeing the determination in her eyes, Krist wanted to bawl his eyes out again.

But then Mika came and he went out with him. Mika frowned: "Don't cry.. We are going to talk to him.." Krist just smiled at him: "It beats me how the tears keep coming.." Mika sighed and said: "Let's go and get you something to drink. Calm yourself down and then we are going to the lion's den." Krist muttered: "I don't need a drink. Let's just go there." Mika shook his head: "I am not taking you there like this. That ass would just get angry seeing your crying face and he would just blame me!" Krist actually smiled at that and finally nodded. While ordering their drinks at a coffee shop, Krist went to wash his face and freshen up. He bumped against someone as he turned to leave the restroom and his shawl actually dropped. The guy's eyes widened as he realised that it was a famous actor in front of him. He exclaimed: "You are Krist!!"

Startled, Krist nodded and smiled. Being asked for an autograph and a selfie, it took a while before he could get out of the restroom. Worried, Mika came to fetch him and grabbed his shawl to cover him again. "Here, your glasses and let's go." As they finally got to the sitting area of the coffee shop, Krist stumbled against the steps and was about to fall down when Mika helped him by wrapping his arm around Krist's waist. The shawl fell down again. Mika muttered: "You Mr Clumsy tonight." Krist went red with embarrassment and tried to stand upright, letting go of Mika. But it was too late. The photo was already taken by someone. And they were soon surrounded by fans. Mika's bodyguards were summoned and they soon got the situation under control. They got into the car and Mika said: "You better save me from him! I am too young to die!"