Chapter 27

I got seriously distracted in writing this chapter. One, I came to the realisation that I finally got blocked on wattpad and other streaming sites at work. Sigh. It was only a matter of time for the IT people to notice it. *cries* Now, writing occurs on fake work documents if ever I get any free time.. A colleague who knows that I write decided to read this chapter aloud. And mind you, she read it with an 'erotic' voice. She even tried to imitate the groans and moans. That voice is still stuck in my mind, people. *shudders*

************************

He was sitting at the set, absently looking around while holding his phone in his hand. And he was sulking. The phone was supposed to show some signs that it was alive but no, it continued to stay inert in his grasp. He checked the second clock on the said phone and sighed. The time was indicating that his mate must be still sleeping. P'Yui placed an iced vanilla latte on his table and cleared her throat. Krist raised his sad face to look at her and his manager smiled knowingly. "If I am not mistaken, your mate is coming back tomorrow, Krist dear. Make a better face, will you?", she teased. Krist groaned and rested his face onto the table. 

"He is not replying me, P. I know he must be sleeping right now but he could have sent me a text before he went to bed..", he muttered. The woman praised herself for being able to understand what that boy just uttered since his voice was so small and sulky. She patted his shoulder: "He must be very tired. Drink your coffee and let us get you ready for your scene, alright?" Krist raised his head and reluctantly nodded. He sipped slowly from the straw while giving his phone glares. Yui hid her smile because she knew something that Krist did not know. She was confident that Krist's smile would come back a little sooner than he was expecting.

He worked with a heavy heart. No one actually guessed it since he was all smiles in front of the camera. When they finally got a break, Krist checked his phone again but still nothing. At least 2 hours had gone by and his mate still did not contact him. He was now getting worried. Was he even okay over there? Krist bit his lower lip and  was about to call Singto's manager when he felt warm arms wrap around his waist. He totally relaxed into the embrace and closed his eyes. "Did you miss me?", whispered Singto into his ear. And all Krist could do at that time was to turn into his mate's arms and bury his face into his neck. Arms tightening around Krist's waist, Singto chuckled and whispered again: "Missed you too, babe."

It was not Krist's fault at all for being that needy or clingy. Two weeks earlier, on the last day of his heat, his mate was informed about some other royal duties that he had to attend for the two upcoming weeks. With the sudden disappearance of the queen, most of the duties fell on Singto's shoulders. All Singto had understood from his mother's text was that she was finally aware what happened to Krist's mother so many years back. So, when she requested for some time alone, Singto could not actually refuse her because he could understand her turmoil right now. But then, he had to represent his mother in all the events. 

In doing so, he had to be away from the country for the two weeks. Krist had been left to speak to his mate through videocalls and texts. Truthfully, Krist found this type of communication to suck a lot. And he showered his mother with complaints. "When will he be back, moooom?" "I want to hug.. I want HIS hugs, mom!" "Looook, he looks so handsome in that shirt!! Why is he noooooot back?" "I am telling you, I won't speak with him at all when he comes back. Do you hear me? I am serious right now. Ohhhh he texted me back, mom!!!! Let me call him, I want to hear his voice." "He looked so tired when I spoke to him. I need to look for.. you know those vitamin tablets that give energy boosts? Will you come with me to shop for them, mom?" "Two more days!! Only TWO left!!!"

At some point, Isla wanted to call Singto and beg him to come home just to have peace. Her child was too impatient. She was relieved when Yui informed her about Singto's surprise for Krist. As soon as he would finish the event, he would grab the next flight to come home. So, he would come earlier than expected. And hence, he would go directly at the set to pick Krist up. The plan had worked successfully, Singto thought as he breathed through Krist's hair. Each bone of his body was tired and he was ready to fall in his bed. His eyes were burning, begging for sleep. Yet, his heart was now content for his mate was in his arms.