Chapter 26

Ever gotten the feeling that everything was going according to your plans and then all of a sudden a superior force came in between you and your successful plan, smirked in your face and said mockingly: "You were wrong. So completely off the mark." Well, this was what the queen was going through right now. Because she had seen that superior force mocking her in that bandage fixed at Krist's nape. Hugging her son close to her chest after she fed him a piece of cake, it was then that she noticed the slight white bandage playing hide and seek with her as Krist bent down to take a piece of cake to feed Singto. She felt her world crumble underneath her feet. When did they mate to each other? How come she was not aware of it? What were those bodyguards for?! How could they let something like that happen? The prince, her son was mated!! To an omega!!! Worse, Isla's son!!!

Isla had been watching her reaction ever since and she saw when Mia saw the bandage. When Mia turned her head to glance at her, she smirked at her. The queen was mortified. How could an omega beat her at her own game? She examined Krist carefully. Rosy cheeks, eyes a bit feverish, the way he stood very close to Singto, there was no doubt that Krist had been having his heat. And that Singto bit him during his heat. Irreversible bite! By this bite, Krist would always be Singto's mate.. Forever.. Unless either of them died. But she was not that cruel to remove her son's mate from him. No. Never. However, Isla was not aware of this fact. To her, the Mia she had in front of her right now was the portrait of the late queen and she had witnessed what the late queen could do to save her reputation. No, she was not going to take that risk for her son. Her Krist would never have to undergo this. So, she waited for when the queen was standing a bit far from the fanfare and she whispered: "We need to talk." Mia gritted her teeth but nodded. They both stood and watched their sons bask in their happiness until they had the opportunity to leave.

Once alone, Isla sat down and calmly waited. Sitting down too, Mia lowered her eyes and finally opened her mouth: "You knew they were going to mate when I came to your place, right?" Krist's mother smiled and nodded. "But you should know that I felt that it was too soon for them to mate. But seeing how you were so excited to make my Krist the culprit in some ways after Singto claimed him as his fiancé, I made my mind to give them my blessings. Being under the lights of a known actor, my son was already enduring the discrimination of being an omega. So, you can guess how it would have been if you alleged him to some stupid accusation afterwards. It would have ruined his career. Ruined his life. Oh why would you worry about these things? You never cared." Mia felt the bite in her words but she kept quiet because it was true that she had been going to ruin Krist's career without another glance.

Getting only silence for an answer, Isla clapped her hands in sarcasm. "Aren't you the great queen?", she lashed out. "What are you going to do now? Going for the big guns? Because unlike your mother, you failed to separate them before mating!!", she exclaimed, her anger and misery of all those years finally erupting. Mia raised her eyes to stare at her in surprise. She was not expecting to get the past thrown in her face like that. She then frowned, her own anger coming forth. "Don't you dare blame my mother!! You are the one who could not wait to get mated to any alpha who came forth." Isla laughed. "Yeah right. As an omega in heat, it was obvious that I was thirsty for sex and to be mated. It's in my genes! But you as my chosen alpha, why were you not there??!! Where the fuck were you, Mia?? Ever asked yourself why did your mother decide to throw royal duties at you only then?!!"

She came close to Mia and slapped her hands on the table in anger: "We agreed for me not to take my pills for that heat!! We agreed to mate but you never came!! Instead I found men entering the room! All alphas!!!!" Mia trembled as her eyes widened in shock. "You are lying..", she whispered. Isla stared at her and then shook her head. "Even now you don't believe me.. You know what.. All this doesn't matter. It's over now. All I came here to tell you is that you dare touch a hair of my son, whatever had been done to me will be revealed to the media. I don't have the proof of how your mother arranged everything because I was too weak at that time she came to visit me. I could not even reply her. But I still have our photos, Mia. I swear to God, you play with fire, I will burn you!! So, beware." Mia sat there, frozen as she absorbed what she had just heard. Di- did her own mother...