Chapter 2

I turned and met eyes of coffee. His skin radiated the light of candles that were lit outside.
"Yeah, I wanted to just go back to my room." I mumbled.
"You don't wanna stay for our game?" He smiled.
"Game?" I asked hesitantly.
"Yeah. We always play a game of Truth or dare. It gets fun! Wanna join?"
I look at the group he pointed to when he asked me and they didn't seem to keen on having me join them.
"Uh, no I think I'll pass." I half smiled. Hugging myself as I shiver from the chill wind.
"Come on it'll be fun. And you'll make friends! Cause I know ya need em!" He said laughing. I however didn't find it funny. I just looked down and sighed to myself.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."
"It's fine. I'm just gonna go inside." I turned and opened the doors and walked to my room.

Louis's pov
"Nice job dickhead, now you've really scared her from us." Violet said.
"I just wanted to crack a joke."
"Well by the looks of her she doesn't seem like a jokey person." Aasim butted in.
"Yeah I figured that now." I said as I laid out cards for the game. I looked at the building and I watched her light turn on. I passed out cards and glanced at her window. She watched as I passed out cards and then she moved away from it.
"I guess she'll just be a loner." Ruby shrugged.
"I could never." I replied.
"Well she can." Violet added. We played a couple games and I momentarily checked on her window. She had turned off her light two games in.
I huffed as the last game ended.
"Okay, we should all get some sleep." I said as I put my cards down and stretched.
"Yeah. We should all rest up." Ruby said making her way around, blowing out the candles.
We all marched inside and said goodnight as we all split off. I knocked on marlons door and it opened.
"Hey Marlon."
"Louis!"
"I just came to say goodnight."
"Oh well goodnight." Marlon closed the door and I walked off.
It's time for me to get some beauty sleep.

Your pov
"Don't touch her!" My mom shouted as I sat in the corner of the house.
"She's a danger to us!" My dad screamed.
"She's a child!" My mom begged.
"Shes out of this house!"
He picked me up and threw me out of the house, slamming the door in my face.
I woke up with an upright sit. Sweat dropped down my face as I huffed. It was just a dream, nothing more.
I touched my bicep and ran my fingers over my scar. I looked around in the dark and got up. I lit my room candle and walked to get my shoes. I slipped them on and opened my door quietly.
I peered down the halls of the abandoned school and made my way to the cafeteria. My stomach grumbled and I held it.
"Come on there has got to be something."
I searched for five minutes with no luck.
"Right, like I'd find anything extra in an apocalypse."
I sighed and turned to leave. I walked out the door and down the hall. I had stopped my movement when I heard something. Like, talking. It was four am, who could be up so early?