Chapter 23

The next day was preparation beyond key. Tenn had made a shelter to keep the herds in that would come in. One herd came today and they walked into the trap perfectly. We just throw a rock in toward the very back and then they walk right in. We closed the doors and cheered.
"Yes this is working!" I smiled.
"All because of you!" Ruby said high fiving me.
"Okay two more herds and more prep ahead!" I said.
I checked up on tenn who was making shields.
"This double layer will stop arrows from penetrating it. And I'm gonna add a metal rim and cross to deflect some bullets. If I'm lucky I'll be able to make everyone one and still have some scraps."
"Good going tenn! You're so great!" I smile and walk to ruby who was training Mitch.
Mitch hit the center and I clapped.
"Good job, you're getting the hang of it."
"I guess." He said picking up another arrow.
"Come on, I'm giving you a damn compliment, take it asshole." I said.
He laughed and smiled.
"You're right. Thanks."
I nodded and Mitch caught up to me. "Hey, can I run these explosive plans by you?"
"Sure!"
"Okay so most of their weapons aren't flammable or easy to damage so I decided to add a acid component to it. Not to wear the Bomb will dissolve but to where the metal in their weapons will rot."
"That's a good idea! Do you have it?"
"Yeah! I have the supplies in the green house."
"Then go for it!"
He smiled and then Louis walked over.
"Hey!" He said sort of in a harsh tone.
"Hey Lou!" I smiled.
"Can I talk to you?" He asked nervous.
"Sure." I stepped off the side with him and he sighed.
"You like me right?" He asked.
"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I replied.
"Well I saw the way Mitch looked at you. It wasn't just a friendly look."
"Look, Louis. I don't like anyone but you. You're so so sweet and protective. And I love that. I only like you." I grabbed his hands.
He smiled and sighed.
"I'm glad." He hugged me and I hugged back.
"I'm sorry I'm overprotective. I just don't want to lose you."
"I know. And it's okay. As long as I know you're doing it because you want to protect me, I have no problem with it."
He nodded. "Good." He replied.
"Now can I get back to being the boss here?"
He laughed. "Of course."
I walked back and Mitch spoke up.
"What was that about?"
"Nothin. He's just worried."
"Oh. Really? Are you sure we are talking about the same kid? Because the Louis I know doesn't give a shit."
"Well He is." I slightly snapped
"Oh okay." Mitch got up and I grabbed his wrist.
"I didnt mean to snap I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I know you're trying to protect him. You love him. I get it." He nodded.
"Good."
I sat back down, relieved that he didn't hate me. I couldn't be the cause of our team falling apart.
Louis was training and I lost myself in my mind as he shot his arrows.
Hes too cute for his well being. I laughed and got back to work. Tenn had finished three shields by the time the sun went down. I walked up to my room and took my shoes off.
"It is time for me to get to bed!" I laughed to myself as I got in.