Chapter 19

The next morning I woke up in a daze. I got out of bed and walked to get my shoes when I realized they weren't there. I looked around and then realized that I wasn't in my room.
"Holy shit." I muttered to myself as I looked over to see Louis still sleeping.... shirtless.
Louis stirred and looked at me.
"Hey goodmorning." He smiled.
"Morning." I said back.
He got up and I couldn't help but blush as I glanced at his body.
"Don't worry, I'm putting my shirt on."
I looked at him and then looked down at my bare feet.
"We didn't.... ya know... did we?" I ask not looking at him.
"No! No of course not! No. We didn't."
I breathed a sigh of relief.
"Do you not even remember why you came here?" He asked as he put his coat on.
"N-no."
"You had a nightmare and wanted to check on me. You had a dream that I turned into a walker."
"Oh. Right."
"Yeah. You seemed pretty scared."
Well that's what happens when people you love turn.
"Yeah. My nightmares are pretty heavy." I lied.
"Right. Well I gotta do morning hunt so I'll see you later."
"Okay." I walked out behind him to go to my room and I walked in and grabbed my shoes. I looked up at the drawing and smiled to myself.
Why do I like him of all people.
I shook my head and walked out.
The school was looking fantastic. We were patching it up and improving it so well. Well for about as good as an apocalypse home can be.
Louis's pov
As I was walking, collecting hunt, I heard a noise. I heard voices and ducked behind a tree. They walked closer and closer.
"Well now that he's gone, who are we gonna sell to?"
"I don't know. He was our main buyer! Do you think it was the new one that we gave him that killed him?"
"No way. There wasn't enough in it to kill him."
They walked past me and I quietly ran back to the school.
"Guys guys!! You'll never believe what I just heard!"
Everyone crowded around my frantic body and asked what was wrong.
"People were out in the woods. They were talking about someone. How they'd sell stuff to someone but they died. They didn't look like good people. I need someone to come out with me to see it again."
"I'll go with." Y/n said.
"Good. Come on."
"Be back safe!" Tenn said.
"We will."
Y/n picked up an axe and we walked out.
I saw them and whispered
"Get down!" Y/n popped down and listened to them with me.
"Come on boss, we know. The kid is dead we promise!"
"Are you for sure or are you just saying that so you stop getting paid cheap!"
"No we promise! He's dead! He wasn't at our meeting spot and we haven't seen him around the school for days!"
My heart sunk and I whipped my head toward y/n. Her eyes were wide when she looked at me.
"God damnit. He's dead. Marlon was our best buyer."