Chapter 15

I couldn't stand to look at Louis for the next few days. I just couldn't face him. I avoided game nights and I ate and hunted by myself. I always had an excuse to leave.
After I kissed him I was just too embarrassed to talk to him. I still didn't completely know my feelings for him. I honestly just think it's hormones and he's the only guy that's actually showed kindness to me but I can't help but think it might be more.
I sat down at the table for breakfast and quickly ate.
"Hey before you go you'll be hunting with Louis today!" Ruby told me.
My heart sunk and I had to make a plan.

Before hunting I promised myself I wouldn't say a word. If he talked to me, i am not going to respond. I'm just gonna get my kill and go back.

We walked along the borders checking the traps and such. I had picked up two rabbit catches and a couple fish. This was what we lived off of. These two simple things but with the garden we can season and flavor all we wanted. I was lost in my own head while hunting until something shattered the silence.
"You ready to go back?" Louis asked as I looked at him.
This was the first time he talked to me the entire time.
I just turned and started walking back without responding or looking at him.
I slung the catches over my shoulder and made my way back to the school. I quickly dropped off the food and walked to my room.
I finally knew what to draw on my paper. I opened the sheet I had folded and looked at it. I sat at the desk that was in my room and took the pencil from the drawer.
"Come on art skills come back to me!" I pleaded as I started to sketch.
I drew eyes and a nose and perfect lips. I drew hair and the shading played its part.
By the time I was done the sun was down and everyone was outside.
I walked to the window and looked at everyone playing a game. People laughed and Louis looked disturbed as they laughed.
I wonder what they are talking about.
I shook my head, denying my urge to walk down and play with them. I sat on my bed and looked at my drawing. It was of Louis. My eyes scanned his drawn face.
My body felt tingly and my face heated up.
I just don't know. I don't know if I actually have feelings for him.