Chapter 27

I woke up the next morning. I looked around and put my shoes on. I woke up Louis who happily gave me a kiss right away.
"Okay come on. It's not a time to mess around. This is serious."
"Right. Okay." He got up and put his clothes on.
I walked out and woke everyone up. They quickly got everything together.
We walked quietly to the base in the woods and signalled where everyone would go. Mitch headed to the supply stash and looked inside. He gave us a thumbs up which means that's where the weapons are. Ruby brought the cart of walkers and opened the gate quietly. She threw a rock against the walls and they all trudged out in a hoard to the gates. They banged against it and the base started shooting. Luckily their aim was terrible. They waisted so many rounds of bullets. "Now mitch!" Mitch lit four bombs and they all exploded, sending chunks of wood and metal everywhere.
The base was soon aware of the attack they were under.
"Find the kids! Take them hostage! Only kill if necessary!" A loud man said.
"Yes boss." We hid behind the walls and soon started to shoot back. We took out many people up top and a couple on the level below.
"Keep going! The herd is protecting us!"
We kept firing and soon half of their men were down.
"Keep eye on the boss man." I told tenn.
"Will do."
We kept firing forever. Till everyone was down. We let the hoard take over the base and then we killed them. We walked inside and saw the supplies they had.
"Mitch, do you have any bombs left?" I asked.
"Yeah. Two."
"Use them to blow up the stuff over there!" I said pointing to the far left side where the labels clearly told us they were not safe. Mitch set them and they blew up, making lass shatter and wood split. We walked away when people came running. "Our shipments! They're gone!"
"When I find those kids imma ring their necks!" The boss shouted as he punched one of the base walls clean through.
We all ran up the stairs and into the control center.
Louis backed up and knocked over a glass which shattered.
"What was that? I swear if it's those kids imma kill em right there!" We heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I saw a shadow and I waited for something to happen. Our eyes locked and his face grew angry. We were trapped