Chapter 5

The next couple days were just cleaning up the place and making it better. I had hunted with Mitch twice and he said he quite enjoyed hunting with me. He said my silence was much better then violets complaining. I had to admit, I giggled a little when he told me that. I could just hear it.
We were out hunting a little after noon. I had caught two rabbits and a dozen fish.
I walked back to camp with Mitch who was basically empty handed. He had caught two fish.
"Well look at you showing everyone up." Ruby smiled.
I smiled and looked down as I blushed.
"You're doing great." Tenn smiled.
"Okay well we better get ready for dinner." Mitch said angrily. I went up to my room and noticed a piece of paper on my desk.
I looked and it was a drawing from tenn.
it was a picture of me holding a kill and smiling.
I smiled and hugged the drawing. Tenn was such a sweet kid. I hung it on my wall and sighed. Maybe this isn't so bad.
I walk back downstairs and everyone was called for dinner. I sat at the table not really saying anything, only popping in on conversations when needed.
"Hey you gonna stick around for our game tonight y/n?"
"Uh no, not tonight. Sorry guys." They all groaned and I got up to put my empty bowl in the kitchen.
No one ever really did dishes. It takes a lot of work. I set my bowl down and walked back up to my room. I laid down and let my mind wander. I lowly hummed a tune to myself and just drifted off to sleep.