Chapter 10

The next day was like hell. Early morning we got an emergency call from lookout that a herd was at our gates. Everyone assumed positions and loaded weapons. They used guns and bows and axes. I grabbed a bow and loaded it but looking in the face of the walkers frightened me. I ran into the school and made it to the first room I could get into. I slammed the door and caught my breath.
I can't do it. It's so hard for me to look at them.
I huffed and looked around the room. And then I noticed something. A trenchcoat.
I was in Louis's room. But the fact hat shocked me more is that he wasn't wearing his trenchcoat. I ran my hands along it and along the bloodstained rip in the arm. Loose bullet, shot him in the arm, didn't stick but grazed it for a real one.
I heard shouting and then the door opened. It was Louis.
"What are you doing in here?" He asked shocked.
"I-I'm sorry. I got scared and I just ran in here. I-i didn't mean to." I hung my head and waited for something to happen. I soon felt arms wrap around me and I looked and Louis was hugging me.
"I thought you were gone. I thought that herd had taken you." His breath was shaky and I slowly wrapped my arms around him.
That phrase rang in my head.

"Honey!? Honey?!" My dad called as he searched for me. I was hiding under the stairs as the walkers pounded on the widows.
"I'm here." I squeaked as he made it downstairs.
"There you are. I thought you were gone. I thought they took you." He said as he sighed while embracing me.
"I'm okay." I said.

He let go and looked at me. I realised that he had been crying.
"You had me worried sick." He said.
"I-i didn't know you cared."
"Everyone cares y/n! We've all been searching for you. Ever since you ran off and we couldn't find you in your room we've been searching everywhere."
"I-I never knew I meant th-that much." I stuttered.
"We gotta tell everyone you are okay."
Louis ran out and I heard him scream "she's okay! I found her!" Mitch, Ruby, tenn and Marlon ran out to see me. I walked up next to them and their faces softened, everyone except marlons, his hardened.
Everyone said they were glad I was okay, everyone except Marlon. I was getting close to my breaking point but i held it in.
"Y/n I'm gonna need you to meet me in my office later." Marlon said.
I mentally punched him in the face. I can't stand him. I walked off and into my room. Louis followed and entered my room with me.
"What? I asked as I sat on my bed.
"I just wanted to see what y/n does in her spare time."
"Well it's pretty boring actually." I laugh.
"I should probably go see what Marlon wants. I'll be back." I said leaving him.
"Okay!"
I walk to Marlon's office I peer through the cracked door and see him load a gun and put it back in the drawer. My heart sunk as I walked in.